“This is my favorite hotel!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Troy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Troy
Long Island NY
“This is my favorite hotel!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

This hotel is the best hotel that I have ever stayed in ! The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The services that were offered were excellent. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The amenities that were offered such as the pool ,shuttle, work out area, and breakfast were a great plus. The staff very helpful. It was a great value also. Would definitely return !!
If you ever make a trip to Troy this is the place to stay! It is located with in walking distance to RPI. If the weather is bad the hotel offers a great indoor pool . and work out room. The restaurant at the hotel has excellent food for dinner. It is a casual sports bar and grill and very reasonably priced. I loved the salads and soups. The breakfast is delicious! Fresh fruit, omelets made to order you name it they have it. The staff is a pleasure to deal with. Even our shuttle driver was a very charming young man. I travel often for pleasure with my older children and this hotel is my favorite. Troy was described to me as being a "depressed area" well I was surprised to find this gem of a place to stay. Trust me you will hate to leave it! Be sure to book your reservations way ahead of time if there are events taking place this hotel books up very quick. I will be returning in the fall and can not wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Nice clean hotel with a friendly staff and a particularly nice breakfast. Take a two-minute drive down to River street to find some interesting restaurants for dinner.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We went to Troy for few days during Easter, in order to attend church with family at nearby Watervliet Armenian Church. Everything was great! We loved eating few times at the Hotel's Restaurant. Once we also ate at their outdoor area. Lovely atmosphere and great food! This is our choice of hotel in the future, whenever we have to go to Troy. We plan to go there in August.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Troy is not the most exclusive place to be, but if you are visiting RPI, this is where you want to stay. Clean, friendly and new...the staff could not be any nicer too.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
philly
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Staff was very helpful. They gave me a quiet room on the parking lot side of the building. Good tip from a previous post, since I am a lite sleeper. Also, the staff was kind to help me find a good resteraunt. The place is brand spanking new...opened in August 2009. Room was nice and the heating-AC was not too loud, like most Marriott Courtyards. The issue, as stated in previous posts, was about the cleanliness of the room. The bed and bathroom had several black hairs, and three of the plush bath towels had red lipstick on them. Yuck!!!

Also, the shower water temp, was only warm. This was not due to lack of hot water, as in previous posts, but a poor mixing of hot and cold water in the shower mechanism. The sink had very hot water.

The place is new and pretty quiet. I will stay there again. I hope they can make the rooms cleaner!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Piladelphia
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I went with a few girl friends for a tournament in the area. We had a group rate of about $90 per night and we were pleasantly surprised with how nice this hotel was. I think it is in an area "turning around" but we felt very safe in parking lot and hotel. Hotel food was very good and a good value. Staff was very friendly and accomidating with splitting bills and other requests.

Things I had to get used to: lobby on 2nd floor, you need hotel key to operate the elevator (I always forget mine) and watch time of breakfast. Very nice facilities. Only negative is no Hot Tub, just indoor pool.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I have been a Hilton honors member for a few years and have stayed in their hotels in several states, but this was BY FAR my best experience at a Hilton. The rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was phenomenal. The guest services were top notch...Amanda, Lisa and Marquia were extremely pleasant and helpful. I am originally from Troy and hate having to stay at an out-of-town Hilton when visiting, so I'm really happy to finally have a great hotel in Troy (and the Hoosick St. location is convenient to everything). I just read two pretty terrible reviews, I guess you can't please some people, but one review was written prior to the hotel opening? Another reviewer hinted the staff was homophobic, but how did they know your friend was gay? Was he propositioning men out front of the hotel? Give me a break. In any event, kudos to the staff and thanks for a fantastic experience.

-Bridget

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank briemarshall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Best Western Plus Franklin Square Inn Troy/Albany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Troy? Share your experiences!