“Wonderful, unexpected stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Troy
United States
“Wonderful, unexpected stay”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel went above & beyond my expectations for the area. The room was generous, clean & quiet. We stayed 3 nights, and the hotel employees were all very helpful and considerate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Rhinebeck, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were booking a stay for a local wedding for the wedding party. The staff was excellent in setting up a breakfast for us after the wedding and kept us up-to-date on our block accomidations situation. Rooms were great, flexibility of staff was outstanding. The shuttle driver was excellent in helping people get from and to airport and to the surrounding area sights and even the wedding.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

NH
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We only spent 1 night but would definitely stay again. The entire place was very clean, including the lobby,restaurants and grounds. Our room was a good size, clean and comfy, although I thought the pillows were a little too soft. (how's that for a problem?). I liked the in-room Keurig machine, I have one at home but still found this difficult to figure out.

We ate at the Sports Bar that night and the buffet in the restaurant the next morning. Both meals were good and a decent price.

What impressed me most about this property, and the entire town of Troy in general was the friendliness. It has to be one of the friendliest towns I've ever visited.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, choose a room away from the elevator!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I go to Troy frequently for business and this is my go-to hotel property. The staff is fantastic and they even will upgrade me to the suite (because of my status with Hilton), and it's a wonderful suite. Plenty of parking and it's a busy hotel with events. It's easy to get to and there are services convenient to the hotel.

It's very convenient to downtown Troy, which is a charming city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Colonie, NY, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Troy, NY was wonderful. Our daughter was getting married close by and we needed rooms for the out of town guests. The rooms were spacious and the staff was friendly and helpful. I suggested the Hilton Garden Inn to my niece who will be having out of town guests for her up coming wedding. She smiled and gave the information to her father. :-}

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed for a weekend-long conference/workshop. This hotel is new (built in 2009) and is excellent condition. The rooms and conference facilities were all comfortable and the staff was outgoing and friendly.

The two queen room featured an arm chair, desk with chair, dresser and television, a rather large mini-fridge, microwave, and single-serve Keurig coffee maker. The room had plenty of space. Bathroom was comfortable, though the towel rack was on the back wall of the shower.

The meeting room was large, comfortable, and met all of our needs. Staff frequently replenished the water supply and was able to work with us with some scheduling issues for one of the meals.

The hotel provided us dinner, lunch, and two breakfasts over our stay. The breakfast consisted of some pastries and fruit, bottled juice, and coffee; it was a bit disappointing. (Note that our conference chose this option to purchase. A full breakfast could also be provided at a higher cost.) Buffet lunch was a deli platter with several kinds of salad, soup, and dessert. Dinner was a plated service of a salad, chicken with vegetables, and cheesecake for dessert. Throughout all the meals the staff was very friendly and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed.

Overall this hotel matched our needs perfectly. It provided a great environment with friendly, helpful staff and a very comfortable place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
troy, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2014

this hotel is in a nasty neighborhood so leave nothing in your car or outside that you value. Also the management has a callous disregard to any loss that you might incur. I had a expensive mountain bike stolen there Sat nite after being assured that it was safe to leave the bike LOCKED out the lobby. The manager showed absolutely no sensitivity to my loss. I should add that I was on the first day of a 6 week biking trip.He even had the nerve to imply that my 'my bike was not really stolen' Otherwise it is good hotel but be careful as it is not safe

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

4 Thank John M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Best Western Plus Franklin Square Inn Troy/Albany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Troy? Share your experiences!