“Best Hotel in Troy”

Hilton Garden Inn Troy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This Hotel is the best in Troy. The rooms are huge and the staff very friendly and helpful. Parking is complimentary, but breakfast is not included in the price. A pool is also available, as well as other facilities. Wifi internet is also complimentary.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a very good experience at the Hilton Garden Inn in Troy. Very good customer service and very clean and comfortable rooms. We went to Troy to visit family and had a good trip. Did not use many of the facilities.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First class stay at this hotel. Hotel staff was terrific. Kind, considerate, and very helpful.
Room was very clean. Bathroom was extremely clean. Room was in great shape.
Quiet hotel even with a couple of weddings going on. We did stay on a high floor though.
This hotel has a great sports bar in it. Food was fine, lots of TV's. Service was very good as well.
The breakfast buffet in the morning was ok. At $11.95 per adult and $6.00 per under 12 child it was not a great deal but a ok deal.. Plenty of food and choices. Service again was fine.
There is a Dunkin Donuts down the street if you want. Neighborhood around the hotel is just ok. We felt safe. Overall a great comfortable stay.

Room Tip: stay on a high floor. stay in a room facing the parking lot. very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alanl885
Reviewed May 1, 2013

On the morning of my checkout, I was bringing luggage down to my car. I had to take more than one trip, so some bottles of scotch were in my room for the next trip down. When I got back to my room, the room was obviously "tidied up" - which I don't know why as it was nearly check out time. Then I noticed two small unopened bottles of scotch were missing. I went into the hall and found the cleaner next door (I was in room 524, found him in room 526). I asked about the bottles, and he produced them from his cart and returned them to me. I did not report as I was in a rush to get to a meeting, but this whole experience is entirely unsettling. I would expect my belongings to be treated as such in a brand such as Hilton. Again, I am very concerned whether I could trust Hilton again. Aside from that, I felt my room was overpriced, but it was the last room available and I had no choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank deaconjj
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We reserved a stay here this weekend and arrived to find that there were three scheduled events being held in the hotel. The only problem we had to endure was the the parking issues the events created, but the hotel was well prepared with a very efficient valet service.

We are Hilton Honors Diamond members and this hotel did upgrade us to suite with a king bedroom with a living room area with a very large wet bar, a dining table with four chairs and a desk as well as a pull out sofa. The bathroom was a good sized slightly handicap accessible one. We loved that is was a corner suite with windows on both walls. We were pleasantly surprised that once we were in our room we never heard or were affected by the busy events going on in the hotel.

The hotel is very secure as you need your room key to acess any floor with guest rooms. The lobby is very nicely decorated and welcoming and inviting. The front desk staff was very competent and friendly, willing to answer to any of your needs.

We requested a cot because the pull out couch was not as comfortable as desired and the cot was immediately delivered to our door.

The pool area is clean and is on the same level as the events area which can be a problem when there are big events like this weekend. We refrained from using the pool until the next day and enjoyed ourselves. Wish there was a hot tub. We did not use the fitness center but it appeared clean and accessible.

We would gladly reserve here again. We had a nice stay and enjoyed exploring Troy and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very nice with extra windows.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Property is very well kept and close to where we needed to be. Room was comfy and the staff was very nice. Girl at the front desk was friendly and actually came from where we live. Small world! They were very helpful securing us a complimentary shuttle ride. The only problem was it dropped us at the wrong place due to two places having similar names. We ended up walking about 12 blocks to where we needed to be. We gave ourselves plenty of time though and we are fit enough to walk so it wasn't a huge deal. Things happen! We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed the night with family at the Hilton Garden Inn in Troy. Very nice experience. Comfortable room. Children enjoyed pool. Small fitness room. Friendly and helpful staff. Convenient to many restaurant's along the Hudson Riverfront.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
1 mi away
Best Western Plus Franklin Square Inn Troy/Albany
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Troy? Share your experiences!