“All kinds of wonderful!”

Hilton Garden Inn Troy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Quite unexpectedy, following an emergency room visit because of a highway accident, I recently stayed at this hotel in Troy, NY. I chose it because it was close to the hospital. From start to finish, everyone I encountered here was unfailingly kind and helpful. The reception clerk offered to send the security guy to pick me up. The security guy, aware of my injuries, was careful to avoid potholes along the way. There were some food items available for purchase at the front desk, and the clerk booked a quiet room for me. The room was comfortable and clean, and the AM breakfast spread was excellent and not ridiculously overpriced. Kudos to all the staff, who helped to make my stay very pleasant under very trying circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Troy

Reviewed September 4, 2011

If you are in Troy, this is the place to stay. It is no contest. At the edge of RPI campus nearest to East Campus Athletic Village.

Stayed here while spending a couple of days at the track in Saratoga. Saved $70/night relative to comparable properties in/around Saratoga (or, probably Albany). No regrets, whatsoever. I believe this hotel is about 2 years old. It looks even newer than that. Spacious, clean room. "Sleep number" bed. Nice common areas. Reasonably priced breakfast. Sports Bar on premises is just okay. Friendly, helpful staff, but could do a better job of answering "guest services" line Free parking. Easy access to I87/I787 close to I90. 5-10 minutes from Albany, 25 minutes from Saratoga Springs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel is 2 minutes from the RPI campus, so it's our top pick for moving in and out days. How lucky that it's also a very nice hotel! The beds are so cushy I never want to leave. Staff has always been welcoming and friendly. I definitely recommend this hotel for RPI visitors or travelers along 87.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Arriving at the hotel I was impressed by the lower lobby and general decor of this Hilton Garden Inn. I took the elevator to registration lobby where I stood in line behind three other people. There was one person registering guests and two other employees staring at computers. In an industry with so many choices I could not believe that not only were these other two folks doing "whatever", but didn't even take the time to acknowledge people in line; which might have made me feel better. (Yes, I travel a lot. I don't mind waiting; but it doesn't take much to make people feel welcome while they wait) Finally one of the other two decided it was time to help when what seemed like an eternity later the other employee was still trying to make that 1st guest informed and happy.

When it was my turn I was treated like the most important person there. Nice job training and hiring your people, Hilton! Later that night I asked for dining and entertainment suggestions and the staff could not offer enough ideas - and they didn't feel obligated to send me to the hotel restaurant,

Rooms were spacious and in room amenities; but the seating chair and ottoman being right in front of the A/C unit did not provide for a comfortable experience.Free chocolate chip cookies at check-in - WOO-HOO!!!

Great location and don't miss the Troy Farmer's Market if you'e there on a Saturday morning.

Room Tip: I used Hotwire
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We love the Hilton Garden Inn as it is the perfect place for RPI parents to stay when visiting a college student.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and the breakfast in the morning is fabulous.
It is a few blocks from RPI, and close to highways, restaurants and shopping.

The staff are quite helpful, and we will continue to book this wonderful hotel when we visit RPI !.

The Sports Bar pub next door is great for college age, but we deem it alittle too noisy for tired parents who have just driven a few hundred miles. There are many good restaurants in town, especially the Japanese restaurant right in town.

Room Tip: Make sure to call for Reservations, but all rooms are equally nice
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank nutmeggers
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Huge rooms, great bedding - have those new mattresses where you can adjust the firmness. Clean, great service - plus a resturant with a varied menu on site. Refrigerator and microwave too. My only wish is that it was closer to I-90/NY thruway.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Just returned from a 3-day stay at Troy HGI and couldn't have been happier. From the time of the reservation to check out, staff made every effort to make my stay a quality one. Very friendly and accommodating staff who did all they could to make my stay worry free. Shuttle service was great, convenient restaurant and very plentiful breakfast. I was very pleased with my experience at the HGI.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Best Western Plus Franklin Square Inn Troy/Albany
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Troy? Share your experiences!