“great place”
Review of Olde Judge Mansion

Olde Judge Mansion
Ranked #2 of 2 Troy B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This is a true bed and breakfast, not an inn masquerading as one. The guest rooms look a lot better in person than they do in the photos, I think, and the public areas are lovely. Very clean, sheets and comforter cover changed daily. As someone else has noted, the neighborhood is not the greatest; you will want to drive rather than walk around. Would stay here again if we came back to Troy.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JP39
There are newer reviews for Olde Judge Mansion

Reviewed March 2, 2010

I have stayed here on numerous occasions and will continue to do so, and could not be more comfortable. I love the architecture and ambiance, and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling and looking to stay in the area. Tina welcomes me as one welcomes a friend; she's the best, and her husband, Mark, is a good guy too...

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed November 18, 2009

My daughter was interviewing at Emma Willard and we needed an overnight place instead of driving for 3 hr before her interview. We were greeted by Tina who made us feel like we were coming home. The other reviews on this site says it all, so I wouldn't repeat all the lovely things about Olde Judge Mansion. If my daughter is accepted at this school, Tina would be seeing a lot more of me. I love this home (cannot called it a hotel) and I wish I had more time to enjoy the beautiful architecture. Thanks Tina.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank fklNY
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We were spoiled by TIna, an extraordinary owner of this one of a kind late 1800s home. The woodwork keeps you gawking, the food keeps you content (Homemade snacks and made to order full breakfast), and the warmth and genuine care you feel from the owner is not to be missed. Our teenage son was addressed as often as we were. He not only felt included he was held in high regard as a guest deserving of attention. We especially enjoyed lingering after breakfast for conversation with our hostess. Very laid back relaxed atmosphere that was at the same time elegant. Tina is a great resource for restaurants in the area she hand picks based on her personal experience as well as an historical perspective on Troy and its environs. We would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank 29West
Reviewed May 30, 2009

If you want a pleasant surprise upon your visit to the Albany Area, this is the place to stay. Tina will make you feel like family from the moment you step into the Mansion. Not only is she attentive to your needs but is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to history and places to see around the area. She will make your stay at the Mansion a real pleasure! But that's not all, the real surprise comes in the mornings with her great cooking and outstanding breakfast. She will make those five stars Hotels cry of envy if they could see the faces of satisfaction on her guests after this great feast! Thanks Tina, you deserve a 6 Star rating for the home warm feeling of the Mansion that can't be experience at other places!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank papodiaz69
Reviewed April 20, 2009

As a family of 4 adults and one child, we thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at the Olde Judge Mansion. The previous indications we received about itineraries to reach this B and B were most helpful. The old house is a real piece of history, very well kept and with very spacious rooms. The owner knows how to welcome guests, make them feel at ease, cook a good and big breakfast, give details of interest about Troy and the area, suggest restaurants. This is an experience to remember and a much better place to discover and appreciate than a standard ananymous hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank dlc2
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I actually stayed from September 2004 until the end of March of 2005. I had just finished college and was doing my 7 month internship in the Troy/Albany area, and needed a place to live. I was very nervous about alone in a city that I had never been to and where I didn't know anybody. Tina was very welcoming, comforting, and helped me with anything I needed during my stay, and made it feel like a second home. She knew of the best places to go for everything I needed, and the best ways to get there. Everything was always clean and available, and I noticed that she was careful of who she let stay in her place. The food was always wonderful, and she makes everyone staying there, short or long term, feel like family! And like anther review said, PLEASE don't be put off by the surroundings! The building is safe, and there is a private parking lot. It's better than any hotel!!! Miss you, Tina!!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank xerox0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hilton Garden Inn Troy
Best Western Plus Franklin Square Inn Troy/Albany
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport

Been to Olde Judge Mansion? Share your experiences!