“Troy cuisine shines ”

Central Troy Historic District Walking Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Troy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taste of Troy Food Tours provides a unique opportunity to explore this beautiful downtown riverfront, while sampling foods & beverages from establishments that are helping to revitalize this historic city. 1.5mile/ 3 hour walking tour allows you to experience the vibrant culinary scene that surrounds Troy’s amazing farmers’ market and ends in time for you to shop the market.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

My daughter gave me this tour for my birthday. My husband and I just went this weekend. I thought living in Troy and having been to most of the restaurants wouldn't be that interesting BUT I was wrong. It was great. We tried foods we wouldn't normally eat. We found out interesting facts about the owners of the restaurants and how they got started. Our guide was great. She knew so much about the area and food and nutrition that it made it even more interesting. So whether you live in Troy or another city you need to go and do it. Rediscover Troy!

Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Always happy to know that the tours can still give new insights to locals, on Troy and the food scene.

All reviews
"great guide"
"wide variety"
"cool city"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"culinary scene"
"bread basket"
"unique tour"

Reviewed June 24, 2017

We reached out to Taste of Troy Food Tours just over a week before we knew we would be in town. The Saturday tour was full and Amy worked with us to make a private Sunday morning tour. Even though the farmers market wasn't going on, we still ended at the waterfront and the kids played in the splash park. Amy was informative and flexible. You can tell she is a foodie. The stops on the tour were great. Psychdelicatessen was our favorite, but all stops were yummy. We had a great time as a family. Thank you for a fun and yummy event. Would recommend to both visitors and locals.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks, I was happy to be able to offer the tour for your family. It was a pleasure having your extended family and your kids on the tour.

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

I found this tour on TripAdvisor and decided to check it out when visiting for a weekend. It was a great introduction to the city, full of interesting history and a tasty mix of small bites from six local restaurants/breweries along the way. Also met other friendly visitors on the tour. Definitely worth while!

Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Greg thanks for crossing the "border" to check out Troy and my food tour. I hope it has whetted your appetite to explore Troy more!

Reviewed May 7, 2017

This 3 hour walking tour combines delicious tastings with historical facts about the city and local establishments, interesting architecture, art and culture. The stops are well spaced out and leave one pleasantly satiated with food and beverage. The tastings are carefully thought out, starting with a breakfast bagel, followed by tea, then a lunch salad and corned beef/cabbage (no corned beef for me), then a flight of beer with bbque wings (bbque cauliflower for us), and finishing with donuts. All prepared by highly rated chefs at top notch restaurants and shops.
A visit to St. Paul's Episcopal Church with all its Tiffany glass splendor is a special treat along the walk. Upon completion of the tour, one has time to visit and shop at the farmers' market. Amy is extremely professional and informative. She accommodates all food preferences. I highly recommend this tour if you are visiting Troy. You won't be disappointed!

So glad you travelled upstate to check out Troy. Thanks for being an appreciative guest!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 30, 2016

I thought I knew Troy from my college years. Boy was I wrong! Troy has renovated, cleaned up and become an exciting food and historical town.
Amy made Troy come alive in both Victorian times and modern times. I learned a great deal I did not know about the city's prime. We saw the amazing architecture from its' wealthy days and Tiffany glass in a St. Paul's church. Beside the architecture and all the new shops, there were the restaurants. We had some wonderful tastes at non-chain restaurants and I'm planning my return already.
Amy has done her research and developed a great relationship with many of the owners and chefs in town. Her knowledge of the history of the area added color to the tour. The icing on the cake was visiting the Troy Farmers Market. I will be taking the tour again next year.

Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

I am so glad that you enjoyed the tour and got to see and taste Troy in a new light. Hard to believe that I won't be having tours for the next few months, but lots of behind the scenes work to be done to get ready for May 6th, first tour of 2017. Would love to have you back on the tour next season.

Been to Taste of Troy Food Tours? Share your experiences!