Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Taste of Troy Food Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Taste of Troy Food Tours
from $70.20
More Info
All reviews delicious food walking tour episcopal church bagels interesting facts plenty to eat out of towners dietary needs tiffany windows farmers market great guide wide variety cool city highly recommend this tour culinary scene bread basket unique tour
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

I found this tour on TripAdvisor and decided to check it out when visiting for a weekend. It was a great introduction to the city, full of interesting history and a tasty mix of small bites from six local restaurants/breweries along the way. Also met other friendly visitors on the tour. Definitely worth while!

Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Greg thanks for crossing the "border" to check out Troy and my food tour. I hope it has whetted your appetite to explore Troy more!

Reviewed May 7, 2017

This 3 hour walking tour combines delicious tastings with historical facts about the city and local establishments, interesting architecture, art and culture. The stops are well spaced out and leave one pleasantly satiated with food and beverage. The tastings are carefully thought out, starting with a breakfast bagel, followed by tea, then a lunch salad and corned beef/cabbage (no corned beef for me), then a flight of beer with bbque wings (bbque cauliflower for us), and finishing with donuts. All prepared by highly rated chefs at top notch restaurants and shops.
A visit to St. Paul's Episcopal Church with all its Tiffany glass splendor is a special treat along the walk. Upon completion of the tour, one has time to visit and shop at the farmers' market. Amy is extremely professional and informative. She accommodates all food preferences. I highly recommend this tour if you are visiting Troy. You won't be disappointed!

So glad you travelled upstate to check out Troy. Thanks for being an appreciative guest!

Reviewed October 30, 2016

I thought I knew Troy from my college years. Boy was I wrong! Troy has renovated, cleaned up and become an exciting food and historical town.
Amy made Troy come alive in both Victorian times and modern times. I learned a great deal I did not know about the city's prime. We saw the amazing architecture from its' wealthy days and Tiffany glass in a St. Paul's church. Beside the architecture and all the new shops, there were the restaurants. We had some wonderful tastes at non-chain restaurants and I'm planning my return already.
Amy has done her research and developed a great relationship with many of the owners and chefs in town. Her knowledge of the history of the area added color to the tour. The icing on the cake was visiting the Troy Farmers Market. I will be taking the tour again next year.

Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

I am so glad that you enjoyed the tour and got to see and taste Troy in a new light. Hard to believe that I won't be having tours for the next few months, but lots of behind the scenes work to be done to get ready for May 6th, first tour of 2017. Would love to have you back on the tour next season.

Reviewed October 27, 2016

The restaurants were gelightful and the choices were good. The day seemed to go too faft with all there was to do in troy

Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

I am so glad that you enjoyed the food and the tastes. Troy does have a lot to offer. Please share with your friends, so that they can experience the tour next season. We start up again in May. Tomorrow is our last tour in 2016. If you haven't done so already, perhaps you would like us on our facebook page.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

This was one of the best 3 hours I have spent in a long time. The food was delicious and well chosen, and the history of Troy was fascinating. Amy did a nice job of creating cohesion in our group. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Lreaj

I love to share a sampling of what Troy was historically and the erupting creativity of the entrepreneurs that are helping to revitalize this gem of a city. Please consider sharing with your friends and perhaps they can join us in 2017 when our tours start up again.