“You'll eat this up: best walking food tour I've experienced to date”

Taste of Troy Food Tours
Central Troy Historic District Walking Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Troy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taste of Troy Food Tours provides a unique opportunity to explore this beautiful downtown riverfront, while sampling foods & beverages from establishments that are helping to revitalize this historic city. 1.5mile/ 3 hour walking tour allows you to experience the vibrant culinary scene that surrounds Troy’s amazing farmers’ market and ends in time for you to shop the market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 14, 2016

Taste of Troy Food Tours was an epicurean delight and treat to all FIVE senses. I loved how the tour guide integrated the history of Troy and foods and beverages with an identifiable links to New York State cuisine with each stop along the way. Come hungry and be prepared to leave "comfortably full" yet sated - plan extra time to wander the Farmer's Market afterward! Highly recommend be it solo or traveling with family & friends, looking to make a special date and explore the home of "Uncle Sam."

All reviews
"great guide"
"wide variety"
"cool city"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"culinary scene"
"bread basket"
"unique tour"
"at noon"

Reviewed June 4, 2016

Being fairly new to the area, I found Amy's food tour to be a great fun way to learn about Troy. First of all, I love food and during our 3 hours together Amy brought us to a variety of places to try from downstate-style everything bagels with lox and cream cheese at Psychedelicatessen, to tasting lovely teas at the Whistling Kettle and ending the day at Sweet Sues for my first time ever eating delicious assortment of macarons there was something to delight all taste buds. Amy intertwines facts about the history and beautiful architecture of Troy with the tour which includes a visit to the magnificent St.Paul's Episcopal Church. And after the tour we made sure to buy some beer from Browns Brewing Company to take home and enjoy with our dinner. All in all a very enjoyable way to spend our Saturday!

Date of experience: June 2016
Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

Your family was fun to have on the tour. Glad you liked the beer and bought some to take home. Always nice to introduce my guests to something new. Thanks for spreading the word.

Reviewed May 31, 2016

Amy led a small group of foodies on a walking tour through Troy stopping at a wide variety of eateries, interspersed with local historical facts especially pertaining to food. Amy was very well informed and had the comfort and needs of the group in mind, adjusting the tastings to dietary needs as necessary. As out-of-towners, we learned a lot about Troy and were very pleasantly surprised at the selection of high quality places to eat. We highly recommend Amy's tours.

Date of experience: May 2016
Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2016

Thanks Larry, I am glad to confirm that the tour will appeal to out-of-towners too. One revision, Brown's Brewing is also on River St. (runs North and South of Green island Brigde) not Broawday.
Have a great weekend.
Amy

Reviewed May 30, 2016

Prior to this tour with Amy, I had never considered a trip to downtown Troy as a destination point. Amy has changed that for me. On her tour, I enjoyed the best loxs and bagels I've eaten outside of New York City at Psychedelicatessen on River Street. I loved the Snowflake tea at Whistling Kettle on Broadway and helped myself to seconds on the chicken wings at Browns Brewing Company, also on Broadway. In addition to the great food, Amy is a wealth of knowledge about the historical significance of many of the buildings downtown. Hearing about the life in Troy during the 1800s, made it come alive to me in a new way. If you are visiting Troy, Taste of Troy Food Tours should be at the top of your "must do" list.

1  Thank 584mariej
Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2016

Marie, I am glad you are now see Troy as a destination point. There is so much more to it than the taste I was able to offer in 3 hours. I hope to see you exploring more in Troy in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

This is a fascinating and fun way to get to know Troy through its food. Our guide did an amazing amount of research and was able to balance the right amount of historical background with food that shouts, "We're passionate about what we do." The treats along the way were prepared beautifully and Amy's kind attention to both dietary and physical needs were exceptional. I would highly recommend this for locals like us and out of towners, too.

1  Thank stu p
Amy K, Owner at Taste of Troy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Stu, it was a pleasure having you, Maureen, Larry and Martin join our culinary adventure. Thank you.