“It's Not Bad”

Days Inn Tonawanda/buffalo
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently traveled to this area and was going to stay at a different hotel until I read some negative feedback on it. I then decided to stay here, where I al least had stayed before. The prices are reasonable and the location was perfect considering I had business in the near vicinity. When making the reservation, they were extremely helpful and made a point of getting me exactly what I asked for. I'm a little disappointed in the continental breakfast as there is very little offered. The new beds, I found, where too high and too hard, but I'm sure they will get better. The overall new look of the rooms was nicer than the last stay. I definitely would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: They have smoking rooms on the ground, but they also have non-smoking. If you like to have your car...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ClassyFreeSpirit

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel was selected due to the location being between my daughter's university and Niagra Falls. When I arrived, I had traveled for almost 9 hours to reach my destination so I wanted to get checked in and go directly to sleep. To my surprise when I went in to check in the front desk staff was very rude. I had a reservation however, I asked if I could get a room on the first floor as I had a cargo van full of my daughter's move in items and wanted to keep an eye on the van and take my luggage up to my room as I would be staying there for at least 4 days. The response I received was listen we have a full house tonight and you people are always wanting to make changes. I immediately responded with "What do you mean "you people" and was told you know what I mean you are always making changes. At that point, I was furious and told him I do not know who think you are talking to but you have the wrong person. I started to walk away and he said Miss I can change the room to the 1st floor. I just finished the process and went to my room. Looking back in retrospect, I think I really need to share this feedback as it took me back 30 years. I hope no one has a similar experience. Nonetheless, I did not see him on duty for the remainder of my stay. Since I had my daughter with me I did not want to ruin her college experience. I do think it is important to share this experience with others as this person was very rude and offensive and management should know.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 573MissCarol
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Looked like a motel from 50 years ago.. with a face lift. What hotel still has baseboard heating ??. Nothing special at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed September 10, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were visiting Tonawanda from CA for the lst time and searched for a local Day's Inn as we have always had a positive experience at other locations. We booked 3 nights here over the Labor Day weekend and was quite disappointed with the digs. The staff was very attentive and rooms were clean however, the walls were VERY thin and the people next to us were having a grand party each night until after midnight (very small children were running around at that hour with screams and laughter while adults were partying). Also, the bathroom linens were almost threadbare and cheap and pillows quite lumpy. We were shocked at the price of the visit - especially when it went up to almost $180 a night on Sat. from $135 for each of the other nights- as we could stay at a much much nicer hotel for a much lower price. But again, we booked this location as we were expecting this Day's Inn to be up to the standard of other locations we have stayed in. We don't mind paying the price however, accommodations need to match. VERY DISAPPOINTING. We will not return to this location when back at Tonawanda. P.S. we later stayed in the heart of Toronto at a Holiday Inn Express for $135 a night and the rooms (linens/pillows/decorations) were MUCH nicer, the breakfast VERY MUCH better, to say just a few things, and felt we rec'd much much more value for our money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pare10s
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Perfect location for a quick cross border shopping trip and value priced. Hotel is currently being updated and the improvements are appreciated. Needed a step stool to get into the bed but a very good new mattress and linens.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Su H
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The stay was good and the place is around 10 miles from Niagara Falls state park.
The hotel staff was very cooperative and service is good.
The room had all essential things such as TV, small fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
Complimentary breakfast is added benefit.
I should recommend staying here. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank coolvaibhav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonawanda
CenterWay Hotel
Sleep Inn
#10 of 17 in Amherst
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst

Been to Days Inn Tonawanda/buffalo? Share your experiences!