“Dip, Dodge, Duck, and Dive into this place!”
Review of CenterWay Hotel

CenterWay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
“Dip, Dodge, Duck, and Dive into this place!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is by far the premire site in hotel lodging and accommadations for the Buffalo and greater Canada area. Surreal exprience the minute Microtel cristens you with their well-coming glaze. Never have I encountered bugs, their pools are big, breakfasts meaty and hardy. Those who stay at Micro will be satisfied. Now, who wants a mustache ride?

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

No complaints. Place is clean, bed comfortable. Staff friendly & helpful. Got my money's worth. Have stayed in more luxurious places (a LOT more money!), and also worse places (also more money!)
Signage could be better. Directions to lobby would be nice.
Breakfast was more than adequate, although coffee could be greatly improved!
Good location, only a few minutes drive from most everything.
Still and all, got value for money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tonawanda, NY
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I never write reviews but after this I felt compelled to share my experience. I stayed here because I literally just moved out of my house and needed a place to rest for the night (this one was the closest). I had my dog with me (very well behaved) and I checked in very late at night in a thunderstorm. After I checked in I noticed a sign saying "no pets" by that time it was too late for me to leave not to mention how exhausted I was on 3 hrs of sleep. I didn't think it would be a big deal since I've stayed in many hotels where I had to take my dog with me - I've never once had a problem. Regarding the hotel it's located on a dead end street next to project like apartments with shady people wandering around. There are no signs telling you where the lobby is so you have drive around the place to find it. The room was one of the smallest rooms I've ever stayed in especially for the price (I've stayed in $30 rooms bigger than this one), room smelled like smoke (nonsmoking room) and the continental breakfast was not a breakfast more like pick a small muffin or pastry and 1 of 2 juices. Anyway back to the dog situation, the dog never raised suspicion or caused any damages/stains. When I checked out they asked me about the dog and I expected a warning or at worst a small fee. To my surprise the manager was there and began to tell me I would have to pay an additional $125 yes $125 on top of the $80 charge for the room! Apparently this is for "damages" I couldn't believe it. After arguing with her I cooled down and explained my situation hoping for some sort of understanding. They did not even check the room to see whether or not there were damages which angered me the most. It seemed as if they were hard up and will try anything to get money out of their guests. I even asked how they found out but wouldn't tell me which shows they were just trying to nail me. Let's just say I will never be going back. I have had family from out of state state in this hotel before and they also had nothing good to say about it which surprised me because it looks decent from the highway. Don't waste your time here there are far better hotels nearby for the price, I highly recommend avoiding this place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ando341

Travelers are raving about these Tonawanda hotels

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times during the Memorial Day holiday weekend, and this was by far my worst experience!!! I would like to at least point out that most of the staff (I had an interaction with) were very friendly. Unfortunately, that is about the only positive experience I can recall during my 2 night stay.

We were given a room on the 1st floor almost directly across from where the complimentary continental breakfast is served. I thought this would be convenient since we could grab our breakfast and go immediately back to our room. In previous stays, I have had to carry my plate and juice back upstairs and fiddle with my key card. The first morning (Saturday, May 25) it wasn't too bad. I never heard anyone in the hallway, but the second morning (Sunday, May 26) it was so loud!! It was about 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning and you could already hear kids running in the hall and people talking!! As for the breakfast, it is pretty much what you would expect. They offer bagels, toast, English muffins, danishes and muffins as well as cereal with coffee and juice. My expectations are always low when it comes to hotel continental breakfasts, so this basically served its need.

Upon entering the room, the bathroom is directly to your right with what you would expect (shower/tub, sink and toilet). The queen size bed takes up most of the space in the bedroom. The blankets and sheets are extremely thin, so I was freezing at night even though the air/fan was not turned on. We only realized before checking out that there was a fleece blanket stuffed in one of the cabinet drawers!! As for the bed itself, I found myself waking up repeatedly throughout the night because I was uncomfortable. I slept on an air mattress later during my vacation (not at a hotel) that was seriously more comfortable than the hotel's mattress!! There is a full sized mirror on the wall behind the bed along with small tables on each side. There is a small desk area and a chair on the wall opposite the bed. The closet is rather small with an older model television on top of it. There is a cushioned seat by the window which is best served for just putting your luggage on.

I would also like to note I needed to iron a pair of pants, but the room does NOT come with an iron and ironing board. I went to the front desk to see if they had one and was told to come back in 10 minutes because he was trying to check another guest into the hotel. Eventually I went back and received an older model iron and a small ironing board. Unfortunately, the iron did not work!! After allowing it to heat up, the water would begin to drip out on to my pants as I used the iron. I decided to just give up and returned it to the front desk and wear a pair of jeans.

As I've mentioned, I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions because of its convenient location to where I am visiting. It's easy to find coming off the I-290 in Tonawanda and only about a 10-15 minute drive to Niagara Falls. But after this experience, it is highly unlikely I would bother staying here again. I spent $188 for a 2 night day and was more miserable during my time in the room. If you're looking for a bottom of the barrel place to stay and don't mind an uncomfortable bed/room, then this is your place. But if you'd at least like to be comfortable, I'd recommend spending a few more dollars and staying elsewhere!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was visiting with friends in North Buffalo, and this seemed to be a convenient location. Once my phone's GPS found it, all was OK (except that it took a while for the streets to be plowed after a snow storm - normal for the area.) Note: the real address is 225 Crestmount Avenue.

As other have noted, the signs in front of the place almost do not exist, so you have to look very carefully to find it.
Someone else has noted a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the "Non-smoking" 2nd floor rooms. This is absolutely true. I am sensitive to the smoke smell, so I called the front desk, and was quickly shown to a room in another wing that was not above the ground floor smoking rooms. I was lucky that the hotel was very empty. My advice is that when you book a non-smoking room, you ask for the section that is not anywhere near or above the smoking-permitted rooms.

The room was modern, immaculately clean, and totally fine for my needs. Breakfast was minimal, but OK. Staff was very helpful. I will probably stay again, and can recommend it.

Room Tip: When booking a non-smoking room, request a room in a wing away from the ground floor smoking rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank swpop
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking rooms in wing away from the downstairs smoking rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank swpop
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

It is confusing trying to find it since the name is MicroMotel, and when booking it's called Center Way Hotel. It's a little out of the way but was very quiet, the staff very friendly, breakfast was sparce. The only negative was the last guest's soap was still in the tub. The front desk was very appolgectic. It is located 5 minutes from Amherst for half the price. We were looking for a place to rest and get a good nights sleep and it fit what we needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonawanda
Sleep Inn
Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#12 of 17 in Amherst

Been to CenterWay Hotel? Share your experiences!