Econo Lodge Tonawanda
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Economy Inn(Tonawanda)
$42
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Never have we been to a hotel in such poor and dirty state. The rooms stinted cigarette- supposedly to be non-smoking room, dirty laundry. Only 1 towel in a room . Staff rude . poor service at Breakfast.. Had to call each time for staff to fill up. Never going there again .
This property should be for people with pets only

Room Tip: not recommended - sorry that i did not take any picture
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
econolodgetonawanda, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Tonawanda for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received additional training on supplying towels etc. to accommodate our valued guests.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in putting on a good cont. breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge Tonawanda. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

AWFUL. Arrived at 4pm, two hours past check-in time and our room was filthy. When I spoke to the owner she could care less and very rudely told me to just "come back later". When I asked if she had any other rooms that were ready since it was already two hours past the check-in time she rolled her eyes and said "it won't take long, they only have to make the bed." I corrected her and said the entire room was dirty, not just the bed so she gave me a new key and said "Try that one". When I asked what she meant by "try" she said "Try and see if that room is clean" and then she walked away! Awful woman, horrendous customer service. The room smelled like sewage and the bed was as hard as a rock. I would never give my money to an Econo Lodge ever again. These people should not be running a business.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeHan M
econolodgetonawanda, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your stay at our hotel.

We appreciate your remark about the stay and comments about the customer service as well as room features.

Even before we get the facts, we are really sorry for the experience you had.

We are trying to investigate the entire happenings and have already taken steps to handle the issue with the housekeeping department and front office staff.

We shall ensure that such a thing is never happen again, in case it was as you have mentioned.

We shall be thankful for your understanding and would request you to choose us once again and have a new experience altogether.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I do not recommend that anyone stay here....not even my worst enemy. Dirty. Poor customer service. Don't ask for an extra towel or blanket cause you get the third degree. Smells funny. AC cut out during night. Just horrible experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joan L
econolodgetonawanda, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Honestly, we thank and appreciate you for choosing the Econo Lodge at Tonawanda and for your open review.

We have taken every aspect of the review pretty seriously and truly regret such an experience. We would like to mention the steps we have taken so that never such an incident is occurred.

We have specially instructed and ensured a superior level of room service as well as hospitality from our hotel staff. The management has also taken steps to improve the upkeep of the rooms, amenities and hygiene. We are confident that this will match the expectations of any discerning guest.

We invite you to once again choose us for your stay whenever you visit our area and feel an all new experience and dedicated hospitality.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My room was dirty, is smelled, and felt disgusting yet I did not complain. Then on my second to last night I asked if I could be refunded for the last day because I had to go home early and they said SURE. Well the Indian old man at the front counter is a liar because they refused to do so when I noticed the four day charge on my account instead of the three nights I stayed. So now I am posting this message!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jay F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area and for giving us a review. We very much appreciate it as it can go a long way in improving our services.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken by us.

• The staff working at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.
We are still investigating the billing confusions.

• We have taken committed steps to ensure a high level of maintenance, cleanliness and hygiene of the rooms, which should match our guest expectations.

• Management has been suggested about a system being set up so that our valued guests could be serviced with the items for which they ask. Some sort of computer registration which will record what they have requested.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will appreciate our efforts and once again choose our hotel and see the change. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly satisfied with our actions.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

A very convenient location for shopping at Boulevard Mall or Walden Galleria Mall and close to bridge clubs.
Every time I return to this motel I see upgrades. The rooms are adequate for a 2 night stay. The beds are comfortable. The complimentary breakfast has a nice variety of cereal, muffins, bagels, toast or waffles (fresh make your own) and apples, oranges, juice and coffee.

Room Tip: The only negative comment I have is that the A/C combined heating unit is noisey.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank S Joan D
David S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

thank you for staying with us the hotel is updating the rooms and lobby please stay with us again and check out the newly updated hotel

bussness center and gym coming soon