“It's ok...”

Knights Inn Tonawanda/Buffalo Area
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Hotel not the greatest, but it was cheap and clean. Forget about the " breakfast." There was very little to offer for their breakfast. Our beds were surprisingly comfortable, and no bed bugs. My only complaint was that I was double charged for my room. I paid for my room, and weeks later I was charged for my room again. I called, and the charges were immediately removed. I know the Knights Inn hotels aren't the greatest, but for one night, they are enough, depending who I travel with. Just remember that generally you get what you pay for. I stay at hotels over 30 nights a year; hotels such as Days Inn, Microtel, and Super 8.

Room Tip: all room on one floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank steelchess77

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We never expect much from budget motels and this one didn't deliver much. The rooms are tired, worn and beat up. Breakfast, as they call it, was a danish and a cup of mud in the morning. The only saving grace was that it is located next door to "The Roadhouse" which is an excellent, employee owned, restaurant.

The non-smoking rooms smell of smoke and the walls are paper thin so expect to hear the TV next door.

The Red Roof Inn is a far better alternative.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to stay somewhere cheap while we were doing some Christmas shopping in the area. Read reviews and the Knights Inn didn't seem terrible, so we gave it a chance. Overall, you get what you pay for.
I'll start with the pros because it wasn't all bad. The man who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and large, with a king & double bed. Bed was comfortable. There was a flat screen TV & microwave and fridge, which was a nice added bonus. Wifi was free, which was also a plus!
The walls are SO incrediby thin. At the beginning of the night, there was no one beside us on either side. By 1am both rooms beside us were occupied. The room to the right had a fellow who obviously was using the cheap rate of the hotel for a late night tryst with a "lady of the night". We could hear everything in our room and it was awful! Luckily, he didn't stay long and was gone by 3am (unfortunately we were still awake from all the noise!) On the other side was a couple who at first were fighting and yelling at each other and then decided to make up, which we could hear everything. Again. And it was equally awkward...
The room was also very cold & the heat didn't work very well. When we woke up in the room it was freezing!
Overall, I don't think I would stay here again due to the extremely thin walls. It made it hard to sleep and wasn't a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We didn't want to spend too much so this was one of the best cheapest hotels we could get.
We just needed for a night's sleep.
Rooms were clean but old. There were many flies just outside. Surroundings were not very clean.
So it was ok.
It was about 15miles from Niagara Falls but very near to all eating outlets like Buffalo Wings.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Although we usually stay in more upscale hotels, the location was ideal before leaving for a trip to Canada. The experience was so good that upon our return we stayed there again. The rooms we clean and spacious, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. WiFi had a strong signal.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank brutschman
Reviewed July 12, 2013

There is no 24hr front desk service you, we had to pay $20.00extra since two other adults was using the extra bed even though we paid for two queen bed, we were given only two bath towels
The room was smelly,the pillow had seen better days and to top it off my husband was bitten by bedbugs this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and will not recommend it to any one we stayed there July 4th 2013 (Angenie)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wazidali11
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We got there late on Sunday and asked to see the room first. The manager gladly showed us a nice clean room (may be that was the best room they had ). That room is clean without any odor, firm mattresses, bathroom floor newly renovated. The room was equipped a small fridge and microwave. Hair dryer did not work and manager provided another one within 5 minutes.

Slow Wi-Fi in the room.

Breakfast was in front of reception desk with only 1 table. Don't expect much but it has coffee and toast as well as some cereals. I guess they provide free breakfast just to add to the amenities.

We got friendly service, good rate and will definitely stay again for next shopping trip (as long as we get the same clean room).

Room Tip: Check room first to make sure it is clean
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonawanda
CenterWay Hotel
#11 of 17 in Amherst
Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst

Been to Knights Inn Tonawanda/Buffalo Area? Share your experiences!