See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 9, 2016

If you are in the Hudson Valley at a busy time, you must prepare well ahead to stay in one of the few rooms (9 or so) at this charming, quirky, and eclectic hotel. I have stayed here 3 times now, a different room each time. Again, if it's a big parent weekend at Bard College nearby or New Year's Eve etc. I prefer a cozier room up on the top floor, the third floor. Those rooms are quieter and very peaceful. The 2nd floor rooms have higher ceilings and some are very large. The hotel cleverly provides sound machines of the rooms, just in case the noise from the very popular bar and restaurant gets to you. I never found it to be a problem. Worth every penny and included with the room is the breakfast in the charming dining room each morning. Blissfully hot and strong coffee is ready for you in thermos' and there is a wiz of a baker back there as the breakfast table offers up warm if not hot, almond biscuits, scones and a wonderful frittata each morning, as well as other healthy choices like fruit and yogurt. Lovely hand-thrown yellow pottery plates to eat on, white breakfast mugs, tiny Moroccan glasses for fresh juice. It is a place of details and the more you care about that kind of thing the more you will love the hotel. It's basically a stylist's dream. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: It's luxury for the Hudson Valley, not luxury for NYC. If you like very quiet choose a room on the 3rd floor not the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
6  Thank BoysieW
Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

I loved it as soon as I saw photos of the renovations done by the owners/artists. It was just gorgeous in person and I absolutely loved the simplicity of it all. The room I was staying in faced the street and was on top of the restaurant but because it was a corner room, there was so much light that filled the room, it was a stunning room and the decor was perfect.

The bad parts about facing the street is that even though this "town" literally consists of just one street, there was unbelievably so much street noise from trucks, early morning garbage disposal, and leaf blowers?!? I was woken up at 7am by bottles hitting the street while they were throwing away garbage...I was mind blown, how come so much noise in a town with nothing?? Luckily the hotel was not full so the interior of the hotel was actually pretty quiet. The other thing is that even though others have mentioned that it is in the Hudson Valley, I did feel like I went out of my way to stay here only to check out an artist's eye in renovation. I would find it inconvenient to stay if I had activities elsewhere in the Hudson Valley, so for location as consideration I found the hotel to be overpriced.

I had dinner at the restaurant and it was fantastic. The staff throughout the hotel were very sweet and helpful as well.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Island_Paradis
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Every year my husband and I travel to the Hudson River Valley for a few days in August after visiting New York. We've never had a special place to stay until now. We LOVED staying at Hotel Tivoli. It's not for everyone....it's not a large five star hotel.....it's small...I think there are 11 rooms. We booked Room 10 which was on the third floor and had a window seat. It was simple, spacious, bright and well laid out. Breakfast is included and it's wonderful. Everything is home made. The Hotel is owned by artists Brice and Helen Marden and the look of the hotel is very much theirs. They love Morocco and Greece and you can feel the influence. The hotel is very well maintained and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There's not a ton to do in Tivoli but it's located in between Rhinebeck and Hudson so we found the location gave us easier access to the places we wanted to visit than any of the places we had stayed before.

Room Tip: We liked being on the third floor....there were only 4 rooms and our room was larger than the ones on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel - which felt very much like a boutique hotel. We were here for two nights in the external suite (which has a separate entrance). They accommodate dogs! And the restaurant and outdoor dining was amazing!

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Simple room, very minimal and overall very expensive for what it is. The saving grace are the lovely staff. I felt the location is a bit off the main path. We were told it was a 15 minute drive to Hudson when in fact it is 30 minutes. Makes dinning and drinks in Hudson a risky adventure without a driver/Uber.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple