Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites
Blue Ridge Motel(Schroon Lake)
$80
$109
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsvisit fortpasta nighthot tubcrown pointin house restaurantquiet neighborhoodgreat place to stayking suiteroom was clean and comfortablevery nice hotelfree breakfastyogurtfitness centerwould definitely stay here againnice stayfront desk staffnew york
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2011

OK, I am a point reward fanatic and go out of my way for a Marriott or Hilton, but when my only option was a Best Western, I braced myself for the worst and I couldn't have been more wrong! Lovely location, great rate and outstanding staff. I am coming back with the kids! The hotel was modern, beds and linens were comfy and it put many other much pricier hotels I have to stay at for business to shame! Ate breakfast at hotel and went to cute little restaurant in town for dinner. A gem in the Mountains.

Loved it so much, I signed up for Best Western rewards and will now seek out their premier properties.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mhwmom
Reviewed February 28, 2011

When I hear "Best Western," I don't typically think "nice," so it was a pleasant surprise to walk into this hotel and see all that it had to offer. The rooms were decently sized, the fitness center was much bigger than I'd imagined, and the staff was very accomodating. The restaurant was actually quite good, even if it closed somewhat earlier than I'm used to. It had a nice range of options, both bar food and full entrées, as well as theme nights like pasta bar and prime rib.

A few minor complaints - the difference in room rate between 2 queens vs. 1 king was fairly substantial, which disappointed me, as I largely prefer to have just 1 king bed if I'm staying alone. I haven't encountered many hotels that charged so much more for a king (about $129 vs $80 for 2 queens when I was there).

I stayed two weeks, and the first week, the smell of the pool was definitely present but not overpowering. The second week, there was some other funky smell blending in with the pool. It wasn't necessarily bad, just strong, and it was only noticeable in the hallways, fortunately. Again, nothing that would make me stay away, but it would probably behoove management to see if they're using some kind of cleaning agent that's generating that funky smell.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will stay again if I have to go back to the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Harlequin84
Reviewed January 3, 2011

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. It is two years old and the owners are committed to keeping their ranking of one of the top ten Best Western Hotels. It was incredibly clean and comfortable and the mattresses are encased in allergy proof covers. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My family of 4 stayed 1 night on the night of the nor’easter. While enroute I called BW twice for directions and to confirm no ferry was needed. The night staff, Ms. T., was most helpful and friendly over the phone. The lobby, room, and pool were very clean and the décor was modern just like in the pictures. The breakfast area was well equipped and roomy. The food was on par with other continental breakfasts. You can make your own waffles too. This was a great stay on our way to VT.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We're here for work. Thanks to everyone at the Best Western In Ti. Our HR department switched our reservations so we can stay here every time we're in town. No more nasty, old hotels. Thanks again Best Western for the great stay and good price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple