“Will not stay again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ticonderoga
Brookwood RV and Cabins
“Will not stay again!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed in a cabin for a week. Not only was the cabin about 30ft from a very busy high speed main road but we were also about 15ft from a dumping station (this was "the free upgrade" as the cabin we actually booked was in the back of the campground away from any roads and dumping stations). It was very noisy due to the road being so close. The cabin was quaint and clean however was damp all week long. We stayed in August with warm weather and only 1 day of showers in the morning. However, the bath towels never fully dried in between daily showers, the bed sheets/pillows were damp when we went to bed. The cabin had a musty smell even with air fresheners in each room. Josh who works in the store was very pleasant to deal with. However, the lady (didn't get her name but she is the owner) was rude and down right nasty. She should not be dealing with the public at all. Felt more like my mother scolding me vs a campground manager. Was a good 45-60 mins from the villages of lake George.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank freezepack32

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The cabin we stayed in wasn't bad, but I've stayed in better for a little bit more money. It as clean and ok for 2 people. The main reason I was not happy with this place was that I specifically asked the owner how far it was into Lake George Village. We were going for bike week. She told me it took 30 minutes for her to get into town. I thought that wasn't too bad so I booked the place. Well, the ride down rt. 9 was FAR from 30 minutes. It took us 50 minutes each time. I asked her when we checked out if there was a different route, and she said she took rt 9, like us. I said there was NO WAY that route took 30 minutes!! Also, upon check in-we were given instructions that we had to bascially clean the cabin before check out, and if we did not want to mop/sweep and wip down the place, we could opt out for $75.00!! Again, I've stayed in much better places that didn't require me to do their job and clean the place. This was not mentioned ANYWHERE on their website. So, for these 2 reasons, I would not return. I can't comment on the site for the RV's, just the cabin we stayed in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank COD13820
Schenectady, New York, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

quite, clean, secluded campground, some sites are close enough to the road to hear the traffic, but once back into the wooded sites very peaceful and desolate. great place and great tenants. VERY clean place, less than ten minutes to ticonderoga, 2 minutes to rogers rock, and about 45 to lake george village. if your looking for a quiet peaceful place to camp, this is for you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kyle P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ticonderoga
Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Shoreham
Ruah Bed & Breakfast
Ruah Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Hague

Been to Brookwood RV and Cabins? Share your experiences!