“Worth Every Penny”
Review of Fort Ticonderoga

Fort Ticonderoga
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular attraction, built by the French in 1755, that has been restored to its original condition.
Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Recently my daughter and I were able to visit one of our favorite historical sites, Fort Ticonderoga. We absolutely love coming here as it truly is a beautiful place. The scenery is spectacular, the gardens breathtaking and the employees are fantastic. From cooking demonstrations, to musket firing demos, to the artificer's shop... So much to take in by truly knowledgeable people who enjoy what they do. The interpreters will answer any and all of your questions, even if you are asking about history that happened outside of the Fort. If you love history, material culture, or even just beautiful Adirondack landscape, this Fort is a must see!

1 Thank cr8zangel

Washington DC, District of Columbia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A good history lesson”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The fort itself and the associated museums are moderately interesting, but not outstanding. However, we found the "tour" that is given a couple of times a day to be well done and interesting. Yes, there are some of us who studied the French and Indian war and the Revolutionary war enough that they already know all of this, but for the rest of us, the narrative is interesting and informative. I definitely recommend that you time your arrival to include one of the tours.
We found the dining facility there to have reasonably good food.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Time machine effect”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you like and interested in history instead of laying like eggplant in the sun somewhere in a beach, fort is definitely for you. time machine last stop:, stone houses with chimneys, wooden benches, people in historical clothes playing dramatic performances from 18 century. They really live their lives paying no attention on spectators, some of them slightly surprised when you want to take pics of you with them. its THAT people. of course they are surprised bc there were no photography in that century yet;)))) I enjoyed, very much enjoyed walking there. Pleasant news: you can buy some souvenirs ( I bought maple syrup) in the nearest store. Very cosy cafe. People are very nice and gentle. In a desert you can go to King Garden where there are many apple -trees and apples ( organic sweet apples) are laying in the grass everywhere. For us city ppl it is already little miracle, tiny fairy-tale. Garden itself very well-groomed. Flowers, huge sun-flowers, melons, - wowwww! Fresh crispy air. Btw my 4- months baby first time tasted apple there, and liked it!!!:))You can also go to corn-maze and arrange some new adventure for you, but we were too tired and overfilled by impressions. And my husband was happy that camera battery needs to be charged bc I tortured him of taking pictures... Btw, our hotel was ok too. Nice breakfast. We enjoyed our trip and returned refreshed. Weekend is enough for it. Highly recommend;)

1 Thank Christina M
Topeka, Kansas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Fort”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you want to know about this Fort its worth seeing. They have men dressed in uniforms and the women are dressed like they were back then.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ralphsgirl54
Wallkill
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“A piece of American History”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am constantly reminded of all the great things that there are to see in the USA. I have lived in the northeast for over fifty years and here is one in the backyard, so to speak, that I had always meant to see and had not. The shear beauty of the fortress is a thing to behold. It had never occurred to me that the original had been destroyed during the Revolutionary War. It has been faithfully recreated which is a monument to both the original builders and the renovators. It was built in this place for a reason and although no longer needed as a fortress it maintains some of the most breath taking views you will ever encounter. Be prepared to walk and be sure to see the Kings Garden.

1 Thank harold66