“Great hotel”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
houston
“Great hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I and my husband stayed in Marriot for 5 days. They had great service and peaceful environment.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
New York City
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I stayed here for just one night but I would definately stay there again. Its modern and swanky for a Marriot and for Tarrytown. The rooms were nice and I had a good night sleep in that comfy bed. The indoor pool area was relaxing and a nice bonus since it was a rainy day. My rate also included a gift card to Ruth Chris Steakhouse in the hotel. The food and service was excellent. Tarrytown is a pretty quiet area so not that just to do at night but lots of daytime things.I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Great Priceline rate the week after the 4th of July. Checked in on a quiet Sunday evening. Placed on concierge floor. Free great light brreakfasts every morning after working out in the best new gym I have seen at a hotel. Rooms very small, goven this is an older but remodeled property Great staff. Would stay again!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Auburn, CA
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel is newly remodeled and was a pleasure. Staff was attentive and helpful. We attended a wedding in the area and the bride's family provided a pre-wedding dinner and after wedding breakfast at the hotel. The food was perfectly prepared and better than any other buffet we have ever had. The hotel facilities are everything you would expect of a Marriott's.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Cortlandt Manor, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Stayed at the Marriott Tarrytown on Valentine's Day, hoping to have a nice relaxful night with my husband. Hotel staff very attentive when I checked in, made reservations at Ruth Chris and as always, dinner was wonderful.

Next morning, I recieved a call from the front desk at 1040AM to come downstairs immediately for an issue regarding my car. I ran downstairs to my surprise, 2 Greenburg police officers were waiting for me. All my tires and rims from my van were stolen. My van was left on 2 cement cinder blocks. The security supervisor told me he noticed my tires missing from my van at 730AM, but did not call the police since he did not know who it belonged to and as a private citizen, the police would not respond to his call. I thought I heard it all... After filing a report, and contacting Marriott headquarters, I was told they WILL NOT take an responsibilty for the theft... all I wanted was for them to cover my insurance deductable of $500.00. Can't believe I was told, I should expect this since I live in NY... Also found out, another guest's BMW's computer was also stolen on the same night. They should have some type of liability, or at least inform all over night guests of the thefts involving thhis hotel.

Will never stay there again!!!!!

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank delia822
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I stayed at the Westchester Marriott recently with a large group, and it was one of the better Marriott properties I have stayed at in the Northeast. The room was much bigger than average and had nice amenities in the hotel.

Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
New York, NY
Reviewed September 22, 2008

What a bed!!! Love the bed, can't say enough about how awesome that bed is. This place has eveything - restaurants & bars (good drinks, good food, friendly service), a good gym, nice indoor courtyard with a pool. The bathroom is nice with quality toiletries. Order room service, the staff is so professional - it'll amaze you how nice they are. It was such a nice stay - sorry no pictures but that's how seriously comfortable this place was, I didn't want to get up and do anything (Actually, I took one, exactly one picture). Even if you live in the area, just go for a night - just for fun, it'll feel like you went on a nice little trip. Enjoy everyone!

• Liked — The amazing service
  • Disliked — Only a few restaurants nearby
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gobalik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarrytown
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Been to Westchester Marriott? Share your experiences!