I booked on line for the Marriott/Westchester in Tarrytown New York and requested:
1. Quite room
2. High floor
4. Late Arrival
5. Double Beds.
We got three out of the five requests. The Quite room had signs posted for quiet between 10pm and 8am. Our room was right next door to the Presidents Suite which was hosting a party that lasted well into the night. We asked at the front desk and were told to check back around 10pm with the front desk. We toughed it out and finally called down around midnight and were told that security would be up. It did not arrive. Ever. Doors slammed, voices could be heard all down the hall and more.
This hotel has been somewhat upgraded but not to the price of $269 per night. Our room rugs were dirty and beat. There is no room in the bath for a women’s’ supplies of cosmetics. The light was dim in the bath and make-up could not be applied there. We were given a king room that had not been used in a long time as it had limited linen until the next day when the room was made up. There was a chair in the room that needed a foot stool to be comfortable, but it had none. The floor lamp by the chair didn’t work.
The lobby had been somewhat upgraded but it has a long way to go to be useable. No privacy and little space for seating.
The breakfast restaurant is also a bar. Pricey, service not so hot on the weekend. There is a buffet but if you don’t eat $18.00 worth of food in one sitting than it is not useful. The average breakfast for two people was $40.00 with tip. My order was not correct on either day, and the servers did not check back except to bring the check. The food was just so-so when it did arrive.
They were busy on the weekend, with three weddings and several other events including a reunion. The best service person we encountered was the bellman. He was very helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westchester Marriott Tarrytown is a modern hotel with premium guest amenities including two on-site restaurants, a pool and high-tech meeting facilities perfect for a leisure or business vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Westchester Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westchester Marriott Hotel Tarrytown
- Marriott Hotel Tarrytown
- Marriott Hotel Westchester
- Marriott Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Marriott
- Westchester Marriott Tarrytown, NY - Westchester County