“Fabulous hotel!!!”

Westchester Marriott
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Totally updated and beautiful!! Hadn't been here for a few years and was pleasantly surprised at the new look! The staff was super friendly and attentive. Had some issues with working "new elevator" system..there is a keypad outside the elevator and instead of pressing the button you press the floor you need on the keypad. It then tells you which elevator to go to a-b-c or d. Once you get in the elevator you cannot press any other buttons.there are no longer floor buttons in the elevator... The front desk says it is part of a huge system going in where eventually you will be able to put your room card in and it will take you there. Personally I didn't find the old system in need of a change! Are we so spoiled that we can't press a button? Anyway, card key to my room blanked out twice....so annoying! And no, I don't put it in the same pocket or near my cell phone.. THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD BE UPDATING!! These freakin card keys that are so sensitive!
Entire place is beautiful and updated.. Bed was soft but comfy and spotless! Love the duvet covers that are or seem washable ...much better than old comforters that everyone sleeps on! Small fridge in room is ALWAYS a pleasure..thank you....breakfast buffet was amazing and delish! Lots of breakfast choices...beautiful little restaurant!
Problems: hot tub/ whirlpool states no children, no food or drinks...so why are there children in there...why is a mother using the skimmer to retrieve and remove apple pieces that her kid threw in!! Why is THIS rule not enforced? But as soon as I put my red solo cup down, security came running over to tell me to move it! Ridiculous! This place ends a children's pool for sure! Keep them OUT of the whirlpool..I have NO problem with handicap lifts for the pool but they should be put to the side when not needed..how many handicap people go in the pool? They are clumsy and not needed on the floor when NOT in use. Please..no offense to anyone here!!
Lastly, get some music in there! The restroom is dead silent by the restaurant..please can we hear something in the bathroom to mask the sounds of people doing there "business"! And put some lively music in the "lounge" we were there Saturday night and there was nothing at all going on there! Boring! Anyway, fantastic hotel at a fabulous price..we paid $119 WITH breakfast buffet on a Saturday night! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Would definitely stay there again. The staff was friendly and helpful. The public areas were pretty to look at as well as being clean. The room was standard, but very comfortable. Unfortunately for us, there was a Little League team (11 year olds) staying there the same weekend as us and took over the pool area with little to no adult supervision. So much for relaxing poolside.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Older hotel in a good business location, clean rooms, exercise room, etc.. nothing stellar, but it is the expected. Staff is pleasant. No coffee until the restaurant opens at 6:30am, so early risers are on their own unless you like the room coffee in small quantities. Truthfully, better choices for the money are nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've stayed at many a Marriott and this one ranks right at the top with a few others. From the cleanliness of the hotel, to it's offerings, nothing could be better. Being a Platinum Elite member does have it's perks, but this hotel made it really great. Very spacious, great indoor-outdoor pool, gym and restaurants adds to the splendor of this hotel. The elite dinning room was great.The only negative note is that the friendliness of some of the staff was questionable. They seem to be more into their function than being friendly to the customer, which is the reason for their job in the first place. Fix the friendliness and this hotel becomes a Category 7.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JP J
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I had a baby shower in the area to go to, and being from MA/Eastern CT, we decided it would be fun to stay the weekend and also do a girls night and Woodbury Commons the next day. This hotel has a convenient location and the staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms were your typical Marriott style, and the hotel also had a pool (indoors, but has a retractable roof), a couple of restaurants and a café. There was a prom there that night, but we didn’t even notice. We even enjoyed a drink at Cooper’s Mill.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel seems tired and in need of a facelift. I stayed here wtih my wife and 3 children (8, 6 and 4) for 2 nights in July 2013. We received a room with 2 double beds and a balcony. The weather wasn't particularly conducive for sitting outside, but my kids used the balcony a few times. The room seemed to have been updated within the last few years, but definitely showed wear and tear. The bathroom was quite plain, with a typical tub/shower combo, sink and toilet. The beds were also satisfactory, but not especially firm or supportive.

I give this property high marks for its room service, though. I ordered dinner with my 8 year-old son one night and lunch with my 4 year-old daughter the next day and delivery was prompt and the portions were more than satisfactory. The service standards seemed very high, as we received all of the condiments and other "necessities" one would anticipate for the various items we ordered. Prices were not inexpensive, but I found the room service to be a good value.

Cooper's Mill, however, was a bit disappointing from a service standard. The food quality was good, and my oldest son tried the breakfast buffet which offered quite a broad array of food. Our server took our order in a timely fashion, and the delivery of the food was pretty prompt, but he dissappeared when we were seeking the bill. I had the sense that the restaurant was understaffed the Saturday morning we were there, as the hotel was evidently fairly full with wedding guests/parties. I was glad that we got into Cooper's Mill when we did, as there was a line growing at the hostess stand when we finally did get our bill and were able to leave.

The indoor pool was well-sized and not crowded at all when we visited. Parking was pretty ample, though at 11 pm on Saturday night I did have to drive around the parking lot a bit to find a space that wasn't terribly far from the front of the hotel.

The front desk staff was efficient and pleasant. I think the clerk who checked us in tried to give us the best room she could, but evidently the wedding groups had reserved all of the suites.

Our room had a small dorm-style fridge, but it may have been malfunctioning as the floor around it seemed damp.

Overall I thought this particular Marriott property was disappointing and in need of an update. However, based on the crowded parking lot and the number of guests trying to get into the restaurant, the hotel does good business (at least the weekend we were there). The next time I am in Westchester, however, I anticipate that I'll try a different Marriott property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I think I might be a little more critical because I work in a Marriott hotel as a housekeeper so I think I see things that most others wouldn't. The front of the hotel was beautiful and the staff were excellent. The front desk really helped me to give this hotel a 5 and not a 4. The hotel room looked a little sloppy, but it did smell very clean. So that's a plus. Overall the hotel stay was very good. As I said when it comes to cleanliness I'm a little more picky. If your looking for an easy trip to the city, it's about 30 minutes outside of New York City and much cheaper. But with traffic it can take about 45 minutes.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room on one of the top floors because the rooms on the inside overlook the...