Totally updated and beautiful!! Hadn't been here for a few years and was pleasantly surprised at the new look! The staff was super friendly and attentive. Had some issues with working "new elevator" system..there is a keypad outside the elevator and instead of pressing the button you press the floor you need on the keypad. It then tells you which elevator to go to a-b-c or d. Once you get in the elevator you cannot press any other buttons.there are no longer floor buttons in the elevator... The front desk says it is part of a huge system going in where eventually you will be able to put your room card in and it will take you there. Personally I didn't find the old system in need of a change! Are we so spoiled that we can't press a button? Anyway, card key to my room blanked out twice....so annoying! And no, I don't put it in the same pocket or near my cell phone.. THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD BE UPDATING!! These freakin card keys that are so sensitive!
Entire place is beautiful and updated.. Bed was soft but comfy and spotless! Love the duvet covers that are or seem washable ...much better than old comforters that everyone sleeps on! Small fridge in room is ALWAYS a pleasure..thank you....breakfast buffet was amazing and delish! Lots of breakfast choices...beautiful little restaurant!
Problems: hot tub/ whirlpool states no children, no food or drinks...so why are there children in there...why is a mother using the skimmer to retrieve and remove apple pieces that her kid threw in!! Why is THIS rule not enforced? But as soon as I put my red solo cup down, security came running over to tell me to move it! Ridiculous! This place ends a children's pool for sure! Keep them OUT of the whirlpool..I have NO problem with handicap lifts for the pool but they should be put to the side when not needed..how many handicap people go in the pool? They are clumsy and not needed on the floor when NOT in use. Please..no offense to anyone here!!
Lastly, get some music in there! The restroom is dead silent by the restaurant..please can we hear something in the bathroom to mask the sounds of people doing there "business"! And put some lively music in the "lounge" we were there Saturday night and there was nothing at all going on there! Boring! Anyway, fantastic hotel at a fabulous price..we paid $119 WITH breakfast buffet on a Saturday night! Would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westchester Marriott is a modern hotel in Tarrytown, New York offering premium guest amenities including two on-site restaurants, a pool and high-tech meeting facilities perfect for a leisure or business vacation. We provide an ideal location just a short drive away from Westchester County White Plains Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westchester Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westchester Marriott Hotel Tarrytown
- Marriott Hotel Tarrytown
- Marriott Hotel Westchester
- Marriott Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Marriott
- Westchester Marriott Tarrytown, NY - Westchester County