We stayed at the estate on the recommendation of our daughter & son-in-law. They raved about the service, peacefulness and beauty of the estate without a major travel time. We decided to stay at the estate for dinner, relaxation, views, and a massage to cap it off.
We arrived at the estate within a short time and could not believe how quick it was to get there. We pulled up to a beautiful, friendly, and an accommodating staff who greeted us. We were given a very lovely hotel room in the Atrium and it overlooked the mountains and Tapen Zee Bridge which looked beautiful!
We couldn't wait to have dinner at the Estate's famous Cellar 49 restaurant. We were greeted by great staff as well as servers. Our waiter was exceptional, he knew the menu and complimentary wines and his recommendations were spot on! My wife and I enjoyed the wine and his recommendation is now on our favorite list. We left full, satisfied and relaxed.
After dinner, we decided to enjoy the warm indoor pool, bubbly jacuzzi, and steamy sauna room which over looks the mountains. We stayed until closing time because we were so comfortable and lost track of time.
After a great night sleep in our room we went for the yummy breakfast that was served overlooking the mountains. Afterwards we went to the gym above the indoor pool and the views were once again hard to stop looking at. We completed our weekend with messages. My wife and I have messages all the time and have them on every vacation and I have to say, this was the best one we have had!
I will be going back every chance we get. An overnight getaway is all you need to get yourself to complete relaxation!
You won't be disappointed! I know we were skeptics before, and now we're believers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend adult escape from the city or a destination wedding. Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, family friendly heated indoor pool and a seasonal adult only outdoor pool. The estate also offers seasonal/complimentary basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson NY - Westchester County