My husband and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary weekend at the Tarrytown House. From the moment we stepped onto the property until the time we checked out we were treated like royalty by the entire staff.
We were immediately greeted with a smile and "happy anniversary" by the front desk clerk. She presented us with 2 tickets for complimentary drinks in Cellar 49. Our room was tastefully appointed and very clean. The bed was firm yet comfortable although the pillows were not to my liking. I am fussy when it comes to bed pillows so next time I will bring my own. I also thought the bathroom was a bit small and the lighting could have been better. But these things did not detract from the ambiance and comfort of this lovely room. We requested a bottle of wine to be waiting in our room when we checked in. However, for some reason, it arrived much later while we were out. My husband called the front desk to say we no longer wanted the wine. He was told it was no problem someone would come to pick it up. A few minutes later the phone rang and the voice on the other end said :"Happy anniversary.....enjoy the wine at no charge compliments of the hotel"! This spoke volumes about the "guest first" attitude of this superior hotel.
The Cellar 49 bar is a great place to have a cocktail before and/or after dinner. Nora, the bartender, made us feel so welcome as she engaged us and other guests in pleasant conversation. And, this lady certainly knows how to make one fantastic ice cold Gray Goose martini!! Although we did not have a full meal in the Cellar 49 dining room we did enjoy the most delicious cauliflower soup along with some outstanding and carefully prepared small plates consisting of a crab cake with a caper citrus sauce and the most amazing Duck Liver and grilled figs. Another reviewer called the decor "odd". I completely disagree. The decor is rustic with beautiful wood and fine leather in keeping with the era of this beautiful old Mansion.
The buffet breakfast was fit for a King! In addition to lox and bagels (a personal favorite) there is a wide variety of other breakfast items including made to order waffles plus an omelette station, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cereal, breads, pastries and fresh fruit. Our coffee cups and water glasses were always filled and used dishes disappeared while we made a return trip to the buffet.
If all this wasn't impressive enough, I received a personal email from the hotel manager when I return home. I don't know when but we will definitely be returning to the Tarrytown House for another weekend get away in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend adult escape from the city or a destination wedding. Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, family friendly heated indoor pool and a seasonal adult only outdoor pool. The estate also offers seasonal/complimentary basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson NY - Westchester County