Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
$123
$101
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Westchester County(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$125
$138
$160
ComfortInn
1,562 results
All reviewsking mansionoutdoor poolbeautiful groundscellar restaurantconference centerfire pitracquetball courtgreat weekendbusiness conferencenew yorkbuffet breakfastsleepy hollowguest roomswingsputnampropertywedding
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a quickly scheduled trip and normally stay at the chain hotels, but everything 3-star and up was over $200/night. I found Tarrytown House for under this range and thought I would give it a try to save $50. Didn't do much research and thought it was a B&B. Wrong. It is a beautiful estate with two historic mansions, one of which houses the dining room and pub. Walking the grounds, all beautifully landscaped, I found conference rooms tucked in different places and a large convention hall. It is a convention center set in beautiful surroundings. Food, while a little pricey, lived up to the price in quality and service. From bar tender to dining room personnel, I was treated like royalty despite not being here on convention. Prepaid the breakfast at check-in and saved 20%. $20 for a largely a "what you want is what you get type of buffet" and beautiful surroundings is a fair price. Room was clean and good amenties, though not lavishly done. OK by me. I book occasional small meetings and this is now on my target list. They had a conference with 200 in house at the time I was there, and the place is so well distributed about the grounds, I enjoyed peace and tranquility. Older property, well maintained. Most difficulty was dealing with stairs and and parking, but anyone reasonably fit will enjoy this place and its beauty. The cordiality of staff was unsurpassed from front desk to cleaning people in the halls extending a small and greeting. I may have to create a need for a conference to enjoy this some more.

Room Tip: It is spread out, so if you mind walking (which didn't both me), you should inquire about proximity to parking and dining.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Hello Kenneth T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center with our Trip Advisor community. Although your trip was not planned to the Estate, I am very excited to hear you were able to enjoy our property.

As our Director of Sales, I would love to learn more about some of the meetings you referenced in your review. As the nations First Executive Conference Center, we would love to be an extension of your company and host a future program. Please feel free to contact me directly at : 914-591-3194 or jasselta@destinationhotels.com

Again, thank you for sharing this review and hope to have the opportunity to host you again at the Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center in the near future!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Food was really good, very relaxing and comfortable place great for corporate meetings. Had our department faculty retreat there. It was raining but we made the best out of it. The Cellar was great very good drinks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LaCubana65

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your most recent stay at The Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center.

We were thrilled to host your faculty retreat and do hope you visit our facilities in the neat future for another meeting or a weekend getaway.

All the best in you future travels and hope to see you again soon at the Estate!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

ok hotel, but they really need to upgrade their air conditioning. I realize it was hot but to not have ac in the hallways - we were sweltering by the time we made the long walk to our room. Not sure if it was broke or non existent, but with glass and bright sunlight it was a sauna in there. Room was nice and had ac but room wasn't that clean with long black hair on tub walls - sure wasn't mine. Food at breakfast was above average. Unlike Sheraton and some other hotels in area there is no shuttle provided so you are really stuck there.

Room Tip: Get one close to reception so you don't have to walk through roasting hallways.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul W
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Paul W-

Thank you for taking the time out to share your review after your most recent stay at The Tarrytown House Estate. We appreciate this feedback and consistently use to ensure we exceed our guests expectations.

I am sorry that some AC issues caused some challenges during your stay. Please be assured that we have looked into and have addressed.

I welcome you back to the Estate in your future travels with the hopes of your exceeding your expecations.

Thank you again for sharing with the Trip Advisor community and all the best in your future travels.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

From the moment I drove onto the property until the time I left, I felt like I was in paradise. The fountains, the gardens, the architecture, the staff, and the food were above my expectations. The room was quiet and comfortable. Every part of the facility was clean and manicured. I wish I had stayed longer so I could experience the other amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello Michelle R

Thank you for taking the time out to share your review after your most recent stay at our Estate for this wedding. We were thrilled to host you and this wedding and do hope to welcome you back to the Tarrytown House for a future event or getaway.

All the best in your summer travels!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Tarrytown house is good old america, pool boy, nice hotel with different buildings near to new york, outdoor pool, indoor pool, raquetball field, tennis and basketball court, everything wonderful.
Beautiful grounds, really friendly hotel staffers, Tavern location is not enough for a hotel like this. They should open the restaurant also in the summer time.
Nearby you have NYC and the westchester county with a lot of historical things to see.

Room Tip: Near the fitness
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dirk W
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dirk-

Thank you for taking the time out to share your review of the Tarrytown House Estate. We value the feedback you shared and are happy to hear you enjoyed all the amenties the Tarrytown House Estate has to offer.

We hope to see you again at the Estate in your future travels!