We visited here last weekend to attend a wedding held nearby. Originally we thought we would be going home right after the wedding but our plans changed and we looked into Tarrytown House, which is where a lot of the wedding party stayed.
We got REALLY lucky... on their website they showed a Labor Day special rate of $99 per night which was (I recall) about $50 less than the wedding party rate. We snapped it right up and were really glad we did.
Not to belabor what all the other great reviews have already said, this inn is really beautiful. Most of the photos show a castle like building, but this is not where we stayed. Ours was a much more modern building nearby. The room was large with a very comfortable King bed. Excellent bathroom facilities. The room was also extremely quiet-- I don't think I heard a single external noise all night.
My wife had two knees replaced about 6 weeks previous to our visit, so we had special requests for a room on the ground floor, and as close to the entry as possible. We also asked if we could get an early check-in so we could enjoy the inn's grounds before getting ready for the wedding. All of these special requests were cheerfully granted. We had some time at the outdoor pool and the gym, both of which were excellent.
We're seriously considering taking another trip to this beautiful inn/estate for a more leisurely weekend when we're not already booked up with a wedding.
Note--as our reservation confirmation email noted, Mapquest or GPS directions will NOT get you here! Try putting in Irvington as the town name, not Tarrytown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend adult escape from the city or a destination wedding. Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, family friendly heated indoor pool and a seasonal adult only outdoor pool. The estate also offers seasonal/complimentary basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson NY - Westchester County