Arriving Friday afternoon for a weekend stay, was welcomed by the front desk and offered assistance with the luggage. The room was large, well furnished, clean, and comfortable with in-room coffee and a refrigerator. The well landscaped property consists of two old mansions with a number of outbuildings located on a hillside with most guest rooms in newer, multi-level connected wings . The mansions are used primarily for corporate events and weddings. The rmanison rooms are decorated very nicely but many are locked or were set-up for the two weddings scheduled for Saturday. There are not many places to relax in either of the restored mansions. The Biddle Mansion has the tavern/restaurant, Cellar 49, located in the basement "open only to guests." Mid-manhattan prices in the suburbs: $19 hamburger (with the works), $30. fish and chips. They did offer two complimentary drink coupons and a 10% discount card at check-in.
After touring Philipsburg Manor up Rt. 9, came back to the hotel on Saturday to swim and enjoy the whirlpool in the below the well-equiped exercise room. That was short lived when four young teenage girls invaded and made relaxation impossible. Speaking with someone else later the same girls were up and down the hallways banging on their door which had a "do not disturb" sign and then running away laughing. The property could use some CCTV for monitoring.
Appreciated the complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby for guests. Being just up the hill from Rt. 9 made getting around in the area very easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend adult escape from the city or a destination wedding. Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, family friendly heated indoor pool and a seasonal adult only outdoor pool. The estate also offers seasonal/complimentary basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson NY - Westchester County