Booked the room through Snique away last December for a surprise birthday getaway in March. Hoped to visit the historical estates in the area during our stay..as we live about 3 hours north. However, we found that they were still closed for the winter! The grounds and buildings on the property are lovely however , the staff very attentive to our needs, holding doors and willing to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The room we had was lovely, in King House..an old estate on the grounds. Not your run of the mill hotel room, it had the character of an estate room. The 4 course Cellars dinner was excellent, as was the service, thank you Nora!. A game room off Wine Cellar Bar, had shuffle board, a pool table and Foos Ball to round out your evening entertainment! A workout room and indoor pool and spa were also available in another building. Breakfast was delicious ( although early for a Monday morning( 7-9 AM) when we would have liked to sleep in a bit more., Breakfast was beautifully layout with omlets, pancakes, and waffles made to order as well as anything else you could possibly want to eat. The breakfast room in the Biddle House has quite the view of the Hudson..a lovely way to begin your day! I would reccomend getting the package for breakfast and dinner..a $ savings for sure!
Our only complaint would to have had a more appealing view from our room..but due to a little mixup at registration time they gave us this room as a "I'm sorry" and we did not want to seem ungrateful..they were so pleasant about everything else!!
Tarrytown is close to NYC for those who care to travel there..we traveled north to Hyde park on our way home to visit FDR and Elenor's home..a great visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend adult escape from the city or a destination wedding. Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, family friendly heated indoor pool and a seasonal adult only outdoor pool. The estate also offers seasonal/complimentary basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson NY - Westchester County