“Stay somewhere else”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Carpet in hallways were in desperate need of replacement. Room carpet had several stains and bathroom was very, very small. Housekeeping staff was sitting on the steps in the hallway and all their linens were stacked all over the halls. There was some kind of conference going on one day and I was told the parking lot was full and to park up the street and a shuttle bus would come get me.....NOT GOOD . Lobby is nice as well as the staff at the front desk but I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Recently stayed at the Doubletree as part of our tour of New York state. We stayed here on our first night of the vacation.

Easy to get to from Newark airport. Check in was hassle free - the chocolate cookie is a nice touch.

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

It's in a good location for the sites on the Hudson Valley - in particular Kykuit and Pillipsburg Manor as it's only a couple of minutes drive away. We also went to the Jack o Lantern Blaze as again it was only around a 15/20 minute drive away.

Would recommend this hotel

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I'm a very picky traveler, and I really liked this hotel. We got a good rate on Priceline. We chose to stay here for a family event in Mt. Kisco because it seemed like a quieter location. We made the right decision. Our room was silent, and we slept well both nights. It was a weekend and there were weddings at the Doubletree both nights, but we asked for a quiet room and got one. Wonderful beds and linens. We swam one morning and found the pool and pool area very pleasant. Great for lap swimming. We had breakfast in the hotel one morning (mediocre) and once in the diner across the street (delicious). We will stay here again when visiting family in the area. At check out, we were able to print out our boarding passes at the front desk. Easy. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Spent weekend in Tarrytown to see Blaze and take the train into the city for a Broadway show. We enjoyed both. Our hotel stay was perfect from cleanliness to updated. 5 weddings were going on yet the place sparkled and was quiet. Amazing.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank katstack
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This is my third stay in less than two months, and I'm quite content, and plan to return several more times this year for work, after trying out a couple other hotels in the area (Doral Arrowood and Homewood/Hyatt Suites. Free wireless internet in the rooms; fine desk and chair on which to work.

Rooms are fine; quiet setting; some rooms have patios or balconies, very comfy bed. Neutrogena bath products rather than high end, but fine. I like the rounded shower curtain rod which gives more space in the shower.

No aggravations -- which is what I want in a hotel when traveling for work -- except . . . last time they couldn't find my reservation and wouldn't at first give me a smoking room. I persisted and they relented after a time. (Hey, I don't want to pay a $150 "cleaning fee" if I want to smoke in the evening. They're one of the few if not the only decent hotel in the area that still has smoking rooms -- but not many!) In the end it was a mix-up on my end, so it's to their credit that they gave me a room I wanted.

They're 4-star wannabes but really a 3 or 3-1/2 star hotel.

Breakfast is better than average, and is included in my room rate. I enjoy the fresh fruit, juice, and decent bagels & nova (get there early for that!) You can order eggs as part of the buffet, but I sense they're still powdered or at least factory-farmed and tasteless. And they don't know that an omelette is *not* scrambled eggs cooked until hard! But that's my peeve most places :)

It's a very large long and low hotel (motel?) so I have to drive to breakfast(!) near the lobby. But hey, not a problem.

There are some very nice restaurants in downtown Tarrytown just a couple minutes drive away. I prefer staying here than in WP. The Red Hat restaurant is right on the magnificent Hudson River!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I attended at wedding in Croton on the Hudson and they recommended Doubletree in Tarrytown. The Doubletree was very accomodating to our large group. The rooms were clean, the rate was fair and the brunch buffett was tasty. The check-in and check-out process went smoothly. They even helped me with printing my boarding pass and calling a taxi.

When I got home to San Francisco, I realized they didn't add my Delta frequent flyer number. I called and they were apologetic and helped me to correct this. In my conversation, I mentioned they didnt give me my chocolate chip cookie at check in. The wedding went late so we checked in at 1:00AM so there were no freshly baked cookies available. The representative sent me a tin of cookies the next day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I was married at the Doubletree in August, 2010. Their staff is incredibly accomodating and warm. Planning our wedding there was not only a pleasure, but it was easy from start to finish with an amazing catering team, beautiful new Grand Ballroom, and comfort that only a Doubletree can offer. The entrance is so inviting, and it just gets better from there. My bridal party reserved the Governor's Suite , which was large enough for all 11 of us to get ready for the event. It was relaxing, and really helped ease any nerves that anyone had! I would highly recommend the Doubletree to ANYONE traveling into the Tarrytown area or getting married in the area.

Stayed: August 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#5 of 7 in Tarrytown
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown? Share your experiences!