“I'll give you a chocolate chip cookie with your clean room and superb customer service”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I attended at wedding in Croton on the Hudson and they recommended Doubletree in Tarrytown. The Doubletree was very accomodating to our large group. The rooms were clean, the rate was fair and the brunch buffett was tasty. The check-in and check-out process went smoothly. They even helped me with printing my boarding pass and calling a taxi.

When I got home to San Francisco, I realized they didn't add my Delta frequent flyer number. I called and they were apologetic and helped me to correct this. In my conversation, I mentioned they didnt give me my chocolate chip cookie at check in. The wedding went late so we checked in at 1:00AM so there were no freshly baked cookies available. The representative sent me a tin of cookies the next day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I was married at the Doubletree in August, 2010. Their staff is incredibly accomodating and warm. Planning our wedding there was not only a pleasure, but it was easy from start to finish with an amazing catering team, beautiful new Grand Ballroom, and comfort that only a Doubletree can offer. The entrance is so inviting, and it just gets better from there. My bridal party reserved the Governor's Suite , which was large enough for all 11 of us to get ready for the event. It was relaxing, and really helped ease any nerves that anyone had! I would highly recommend the Doubletree to ANYONE traveling into the Tarrytown area or getting married in the area.

Stayed August 2010
Hampshire
Reviewed September 2, 2010

friendly welcome and check-in plus cookie!
hotel lobby excellent
room was nice and bed comfy

breakfast is good - fresh fruit available which is a positive

free wi-fi

restaurant for lunch/dinner also available

did not use the gym/pool during this o/n stay so cannot comment

all-in-all a great hotel and would use again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Drab and seriously in need of a makeover in the rooms. The beds were among the worst I have encountered in a long time of travelling - broken down, you could feel the springs so if you have a bad back then go elsewhere. Breakfast buffet was ok, staff were businesslike but not friendly to any great degree. Not really delivering on value other than being in a convenient location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed three nights at the Doubletree, Tarrytown. Booked affordable room through Priceline and hotel was very accommodating, changing our reservation to two beds as we are friends traveling together. Complementary Internet in the business center was very helpful as we didn't bring our laptops. Walked to train station, straight down Broadway and taking a left at Independence for a bit of a shortcut. Steep uphill upon return! Express tickets are $22.50 (roundtrip) and free parking at hotel saved us taking the car into Manhattan. The staff was very helpful in making dinner suggestions and answering all of our questions. For comfort food at low prices, try the diner across the street. Highly recommended hotel for nice, quiet, affordable beds & parking outside NYC!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I'm not sure why this is rated so highly, but I haven't tried another hotel in the area. No big complaints, however it was not remarkable. I found my room on the 2nd floor to be nice and comfortable but the bathroom was surprisingly old. The elevator up to ½ the 2nd floor was rickety and surprisingly small. If you were on the 2nd floor and went the other direction you would have to go up a few stairs which means you would have to lug up your suitcases. Very odd arrangement for a hotel, to my mind.
Front desk staff were friendly and the breakfast staff were also nice. In fact they were very friendly and accommodating to my friend's kids who joined us for breakfast. The buffet price as a I recall was $15 or a little more for adults (about ½ that for kids). Adult price steep for a reasonable but unexceptional buffet, unless everyone really gets it included in their room like I did. I found it perfectly adequate, but I would have hated to spend $20ish (tax tip) for the meal.
There was a decent size pool which I did not have a chance to use and a reasonably sized exercise room which I did. Warm cookies – always great! Also enjoyed their free wi fi, however, I found the info on the website, reservation and in hotel a little confusing. It seems like they intend to start charging for wi fi, or maybe will for certain types of reservations. I would just be very specific in inquiring about whether there's a fee as this seems to be changing, altho it was free for me in late July 2010. I'd have no hesitation staying here again, but I'd also check out the competition.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Thank Ms.Travels
Irvington, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We have been staying at this Doubletree for several months while work is being completed on our home. There weren't many hotel choices in our neighborhood and luckily we have been very happy with the Doubletree during this time of transition. The manager Mr Freedman has been terrific as has his housekeeping staff, room service and security. We are very comfortable and have everything we need at this hotel. Thank you Doubletree Tarrytown!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple