Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
$123
$101
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$209
$152
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Westchester County(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$125
$119
$160
ComfortInn
1,468 results
All reviewscookiesdouble treefront deskoff the highwaybeds were comfortableconvenient locationeasy accesstrain stationthe entire staffbusiness tripupon checksleepy hollownew yorkthe tappan zee bridgehudson valleywestchester countyfitness center
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I'm not sure why this is rated so highly, but I haven't tried another hotel in the area. No big complaints, however it was not remarkable. I found my room on the 2nd floor to be nice and comfortable but the bathroom was surprisingly old. The elevator up to ½ the 2nd floor was rickety and surprisingly small. If you were on the 2nd floor and went the other direction you would have to go up a few stairs which means you would have to lug up your suitcases. Very odd arrangement for a hotel, to my mind.
Front desk staff were friendly and the breakfast staff were also nice. In fact they were very friendly and accommodating to my friend's kids who joined us for breakfast. The buffet price as a I recall was $15 or a little more for adults (about ½ that for kids). Adult price steep for a reasonable but unexceptional buffet, unless everyone really gets it included in their room like I did. I found it perfectly adequate, but I would have hated to spend $20ish (tax tip) for the meal.
There was a decent size pool which I did not have a chance to use and a reasonably sized exercise room which I did. Warm cookies – always great! Also enjoyed their free wi fi, however, I found the info on the website, reservation and in hotel a little confusing. It seems like they intend to start charging for wi fi, or maybe will for certain types of reservations. I would just be very specific in inquiring about whether there's a fee as this seems to be changing, altho it was free for me in late July 2010. I'd have no hesitation staying here again, but I'd also check out the competition.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Thank Ms.Travels
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We have been staying at this Doubletree for several months while work is being completed on our home. There weren't many hotel choices in our neighborhood and luckily we have been very happy with the Doubletree during this time of transition. The manager Mr Freedman has been terrific as has his housekeeping staff, room service and security. We are very comfortable and have everything we need at this hotel. Thank you Doubletree Tarrytown!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I took my husband here for Fathers day this year to the Bistro z restaurant and it was fantastic, the food was delicious and very nicely presented. The waiter was attentive, caring and extremely friendly which made a huge difference when you are dining with children. I would highly recommend this restaurant /Hotel.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ballineen
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We were all so pleasantly surprised when we stayed at this hotel last weekend for my daughter's graduation.. The hotel appears so much nicer than in the photos and it has such a nice, contemporary feel to it. The lobby is lovely, the grounds beautiful, the staff friendly, and the rooms are very nice, modern and best of all clean!. I don't think it feels like a big log cabin as one of the other reviewers commented as it's not rustic but modern and cheerful, and the rooms themselves are not small- they are pretty average in size and comfortable. We had brunch in the restaurant which also is lovely, upscale and bright, and has an outdoor patio with tables. Although at first glance the brunch didn't look great, once again we were all so pleasantly surprised because the food was wonderful- from the homemade porridge to the delicious home fries to the great muffins and danish etc..and the price was very reasonable. All in all, this is a very nice place to stay- I only wish it had an outdoor pool because then it would be the perfect place to hold family reunions!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynnrap
Reviewed May 19, 2010

After carefully searching for a hotel in the Tarrytown area, we booked this hotel with concerns. We were pleasantly surprised by the front desk staff who were very courteous and went out of their way to assist us in getting a larger room. The rooms here are very small...even the suite is small if you have 2+ children and need space to stretch out. The suite is also the only room with a refrigerator. Aside from the room size, this hotel is great. It is located in a central location in Westchester, it has a fantastic restaurant with a great wait staff, rooms were very clean and we experienced no problems at all. It is defintely worth it to get a bed & breakfast package in your nightly rate otherwise visit the diner across the street.

Our suite was 1 room with a refrigerator, desk, TV, sofabed, 2 chairs, king bed, 2 side tables & 1 dresser. We had to stash some furniture in the closet in order to set up our daughter's pack 'n play. But it worked out.

I would recommend this hotel for couples and groups in for a weekend visit to the area. For a longer visit with more than 1 child, there are other option in the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family