Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
  • Pool
Westchester Marriott(Tarrytown)
  • Pool
1,456 results
All reviewscookiesdouble treefront deskoff the highwaybeds were comfortableconvenient locationeasy accesstrain stationthe entire staffbusiness tripupon checksleepy hollownew yorkthe tappan zee bridgehudson valleywestchester countyfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had just stayed at another Hilton and was not so impressed so this time at the Tarrytown Doubletree I really appreciated how they go the extra yard for their customers. Everyone from the front desk including the bellman make you feel welcome. Bistro Z had a delicious selection of new items on the menu. I need to give credit to Armant, Shane and Frank for making Bistro Z a first class restaurant. It is definitely not your typical hotel fare. I had made a mistake on my departure day and needed to stay an extra night and they were more than happy to accommodate.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 165margareta
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Location of the motel was convenient to all of our activities. When we returned to the motel at 10:00 pm there was a security guard in the parking lot who helped us from the car to our entrance way. I don't believe we were in an unsafe area, but the motel is right off of the NYS Thruway (Route 87). I will stay there again, and recommend this motel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Such a great location and wonderful staff! The food is fabulous and the bartenders love their job! Everyone made our short stay perfect. The Perfect place to stay if on way to NYC! The beds were so comfortable and the rooms were quiet!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We love living in the city of Brooklyn, but we also love getting away, my husband and I, and our two little kiddies. Having stayed at many hotels in many locations, I have to say that our stay here far surpassed that of other places. Most of all, we loved that our room opened up to a huge garden with beautiful flowers and a white wooden gazebo. Coming from Brooklyn, where even our local playgrounds are smaller than this outdoor space, this was ideal for us and the children. We were outside for so many hours, basking in the sun, taking in the beautiful scenery, laughing, playing, and getting to know other guests. The lobby has a very rustic feel to it, unlike the usual lobbies with their modern decor, this one is unique. We loved relaxing in the lobby, reading and playing. They had special cookies at the hotel, which were mouthwatering. The bar was pretty cool too, to grab a drink at night when the kids are asleep and let all our tension and worries fade away. The indoor pool is really heated, if you like it hot, and we loved it! Not only did we enjoy the pool, but they were very understanding that we were swimming with little kids and they gave us a little extra time to get our things in order and leave after the pool closed. Although we usually love hotels with outdoor pools, the beautiful terrace in this hotel compensated for that. This was the first time we were able to relax and read while our kids ran around in the grass, laughing and free. Back home, the only place they can run is into the streets, onto heavy traffic. We grabbed a cool beer at night in the gazebo, it was simply splendid! The only issue we had was that when we opened our door to go outside, there was an infestation of wasps. The first time we got a little afraid and closed the door, but once we went out a few times, we just tried to avoid the wasps and walk further away. We saw some people spraying them down, they disappeared for a few hours, and then came right back. The wasps didn't sting or anything, it was just scary with two kids, making sure to avoid them. We also saw a mouse running under the wooden board outside the entrance to our room. Normally, I would never give a 5-star rating to a hotel based on these nuances, but since our stay was so awesome, it would be ungrateful to do that. We definitely had a 5-star experience at this hotel. We even got called back by the maid who found our home keys in the room after we checked out! Very trustworthy!!! Enjoy!! :)

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, and from what I've heard from other travelers, it's not that easy getting to the 2nd floor, so I'd say, based on my lovely experience, to book a room on the lower level. Good luck!! :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank gabby g
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel is very consistent. Excellent staff, clean, organized, courteous. Restaurants are good and attentive to single travelers. Rooms nicely appointed. Good wifi and speed also good. Parking is also free and close to the hotel. Very safe.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ellen T
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you, Ellen, for this five star review!
Best,