I was looking for a really nice hotel. This hotel is nice but it is just an average hotel. Nothing special. The only plus was that the beds were really comfortable and the linens were nice and plush. However, the staff was very incompetent. I had booked two rooms. When I arrived one room was not ready and this was at 3:30 when check -in is at 3pm. When I booked my reservation, I requested two rooms on the second floor and they gave me two rooms on the first floor. I had to wait approx. 1 hour after I got there for them to move us to the second floor. The air conditioning was not good in the first floor room. However, it did get better when I moved to the second floor room. I had to call the front desk twice while I was there and both times they were no help. The first time I was looking for a spare roll of toilet paper since the one in the bathroom was almost empty. I was told there should be a spare one in the bathroom somewhere. When I couldn't find it they sent someone up to my room with a roll. The next morning I found it in the closet (not in the bathroom). The second time I called the front desk was when I tried to resume my in-room movie that I paid for the night before. You are supposed to have access to the movies for 24 hours when you purchase them. I could not get into the Menu option on the tv at all in order to resume the movie. This went on for hours, with 2 phone calls to the front desk for help. I ended up checking out and never getting to see the end of my movie. They did remove the charge from my bill but it was very disappointing and annoying that they couldn't take care of the problem. I didn't use the restaurant so I can't comment on that. I will probably stay elsewhere next time I'm in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 11 acres of landscaped grounds in the heart of the Hudson Valley, the Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown comprises 246 guest rooms, 24,000 square feet of meeting and pre-function space, the largest Grand Ballroom in Westchester County, a Business Center, indoor pool, day spa, sauna, and state-of-the-art fitness center, complimentary parking, complimentary WiFi access in guest rooms and Bistro Z restaurant—offering a country atmosphere and friendly service for both business guests and vacationers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Tarrytown Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hilton
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Tarrytown NY - Westchester County