“A friendly Doubletree”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Altos, California
“A friendly Doubletree”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed at this Doubletree a few times.
Great things about Tarrytown Doubletree:
- Location: It situates in a great location just off Tappan Zee bridge off I-287.
- Staff: Front desk staff are friendly and helpful.
- Room: Decent for a Doubletree.
- Gym: Pretty good too with cardio and weight equipment.

Areas that could use some improvement:
- Breakfast service: The food is OK. But service isn't consistent. On a good day the waitress would ask me if I need anything from the kitchen (e.g., egg, pancake, french toast, etc) but on other days I was simply ignored.
- Bar is good but I thought the drinks are a bit pricey for a suburb hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DT94024

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
White Plains, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was an excellent event at one of Westchester's finest hotels. The cookie is just the start of the fantastic time we had on this past New Year's Eve. The bed is like sleeping on a cloud, the staff is friendly and helpful and the room is awesome. Can't say enough of how we started a great year, Thanks Doubletree!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Sandra M
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you, Sandra, for this five star review! We are glad you enjoyed the New Year's Eve Murder Mystery. Don't worry, we will host this party again next year! See you then.

Kind regards,
Linda
Wallkill, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We enjoyed your facility - very nicely appointed. the Murder mystery was fun - just not quite what we had expected - I guess more than just one person reading us information. Unfortunately, when the dj took over, the music volume was too loud - it actually made me ill. We would go out into another area of the hotel to relax and went back to try to dance - but still too loud. Didn't make it for the toast at mid-night. :(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Freeport, New York
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in the center of the town. The staff were all courteous and friendly and our stay would have been perfect except the check-in part where we were not given the right room preference (smoking/non-smoking). The receptionist was very apologetic and immediately send someone with a key to our new room. The room was spacious. The bed, pillows & linens were perhaps the best I have ever tried in a hotel. I will definitely stay there again if I ever visit Tarrytown in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I found this hotel to be very clean and quiet.
The staff were friendly and respectful. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were extra soft.(Best sleep ever)
My favorite part was the warm cookies upon our arrival. When making my reservations I had asked for a microwave and a refrigerator to my surprise they were in our room ready to be used. The location of the hotel is great ,right by the interstate so it made it easy to go anywhere in Westchester. The hotel lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays.I would recommend this hotel hands down.

Green Features: I like the fact they recycle the trash in the rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Staying at the Doubletree is like staying at home. Friendly staff and great rooms. The linens are so soft and wonderful, and the extra pillows just add to the comfort for a great night's sleep. Thank you Double for making my return to my hometown feel like home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara R
We are glad you felt at home here! Thank you for your five star review.

Kind regards,
Linda
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a quiet and uniquely elegant place to spend a vacation. It is near to NYC and the price is reasonable. The staff are delightful. They are always polite and always seek to help. I enjoy staying here, this was my second time staying at this location. I plan to visit here again. The warm cookies and delicious food are extremely enticing.

Room Tip: I stayed in regular room but it was extremely comfortable.