“Stay away!!!!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 2, 2013

When i booked my room, i requested a quiet room away from elevators. i also requested a crib. not only was the crib not in my room when i arrived but I am writing this in my hotel room as I listen to blaring loud party music instead of sleeping like I would like to be. The hotel is doing nothing to help and said they cannot control the volume of a party. Party people shouting in the halls. Stay away!!! Never again!!!

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Yesyes1
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

I’m so sorry for the service misstep and noise issues you experienced during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant and we hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in our area as we are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience possible.
Regards,
Linda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was in town visiting my family, this hotel was in a beautiful location on the Hudson River. It was easy access to all roadways, the best restaurants in Westchester County and easy travel into New York City. The hotel staff were very courteous, professional and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very nice hotel. The food served at the conference was delicious especially the soups. I wanted to open my window for fresh air but it would not open. I had the service guy come and try also but the best he could do was crack it. it never fully closed but I did not call again to ask him to fix as I wanted the fresh air to counter the smell (off-gasing of new carpet or furniture?) which was my only issue with the room. Also the layout made for a lot of walking and was confusing. Wonder where the handicapped stay as you could not really escape stairs. The staff was also very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay! Breakfast was amazing and I was happy to receive complementary internet after joining the rewards program for free. Excellent gym here as well! Prime location near the highway if you are traveling for business purposes. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013

good location, friendly staff, bar is open late on the weekends. the rooms were very nice but be aware the walls are thin - we heard practically everything going on in the room next to us. Short cab ride to downtown tarrytown and sleepy hollow where all the Halloween activities were taking place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

A clean, pleasant hotel located on the main street of Tarrytown. Easy to walk to town. Bar is nice with excellent food. A major plus is the diner right across the street(less pricey than hotel food) with great service and great food. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was our second visit to the Tarrytown Doubletree within the past two months. The accommodations were great, and the staff, as always, are very pleasant. We will definitely make plans to stay at the Doubletree on our next visit to Tarrytown

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends