Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
$123
$101
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$209
$152
$119
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Westchester County(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$125
$119
$160
ComfortInn
1,468 results
All reviewscookiesdouble treefront deskoff the highwaybeds were comfortableconvenient locationeasy accesstrain stationthe entire staffbusiness tripupon checksleepy hollownew yorkthe tappan zee bridgehudson valleywestchester countyfitness center
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I want to give a shout out for a Kenneth Otisi who works the front desk and his immediate supervisor who I can not recall her name for the life of me. They were exceptionally warm and patient and helpful. I felt that I knew them by the time I left.

Overall the facility is very nice and clean but other than the chocolate chip cookie and maybe some chips and dip at happy hour, nothing exceptional or unique. I did appreciate the business center where I could get on the internet (forgot my laptop) and print things. Never mind it was freezing in there!

My biggest complaint is that they use satellite TV. Now I am not a big TV watcher but given that you can get nowhere from the hotel without a car (unless you want to go in to the city and then beware because taxis take advantage of you to get to train station) unless it is during the work week and then it seems very limited in terms of the shuttle (when and where it will take you).

So back to the satellite TV....I was right in the middle of a show and the TV kept going out. I was beside myself with irritation since I do not have cable at home and paid a lot of money for a basic hotel- with no TV!

Overall if you want a friendly, clean hotel with a work out room and gym in a safe, while boring part of town:)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Room service forgot about my breakfast order, but when I called them they rushed right up with complimentary juice and coffee for the inconvenience. The pancakes were yucky, but I didn't stay there for the food after all. Quiet place and friendly staff. Clean!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

CHecked in as a woman travelling alone. The desk help was professional, kind, and discrete. He put me in a room away from the two wedding blocks of rooms so I could have some quiet. And the cookie...please. THE BEST!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for recognizing our terrific team members. Come back soon, we will have a warm cookie waiting for you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here on a family trip for 5 days during which we were largely ignored. The hotel has a nice but small pool. The hotel is very close to interstate and regular trains to Grand Central take less than an hour, although the hotel shuttle service to the local train station does not appear to run at weekends? We found this hotel relatively expensive for a average experience, although we have had more positive experiences with DoubleTree elsewhere.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was here for a wedding. The only really negative was the very spread out nature of the property. It involved convoluted and long walks to and from my room. Otherwise, I did appreciate the pleasant grounds; and I had a small outside sitting area. I appreciated the inexpensive cab rides to and from the Tarrytown station, and the Eldorado Diner across the street as an alternate to the more pricey hotel restaurant. Staff was courteous and on the whole I found the hotel very servicable.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room, too far away. Laundry room had to be accessed from the outside.
1  Thank KLMChicago_IL
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed the wedding! Thank you for submitting this nice review.