“Desk help SUPERB!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tarrytown, NY, United States
“Desk help SUPERB!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

CHecked in as a woman travelling alone. The desk help was professional, kind, and discrete. He put me in a room away from the two wedding blocks of rooms so I could have some quiet. And the cookie...please. THE BEST!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for recognizing our terrific team members. Come back soon, we will have a warm cookie waiting for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
UK
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here on a family trip for 5 days during which we were largely ignored. The hotel has a nice but small pool. The hotel is very close to interstate and regular trains to Grand Central take less than an hour, although the hotel shuttle service to the local train station does not appear to run at weekends? We found this hotel relatively expensive for a average experience, although we have had more positive experiences with DoubleTree elsewhere.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was here for a wedding. The only really negative was the very spread out nature of the property. It involved convoluted and long walks to and from my room. Otherwise, I did appreciate the pleasant grounds; and I had a small outside sitting area. I appreciated the inexpensive cab rides to and from the Tarrytown station, and the Eldorado Diner across the street as an alternate to the more pricey hotel restaurant. Staff was courteous and on the whole I found the hotel very servicable.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room, too far away. Laundry room had to be accessed from the outside.
1 Thank KLMChicago_IL
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the wedding! Thank you for submitting this nice review.
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel is clean, staff very helpful & food in the restaurant exceeds that of most hotels. Conveniently located to all local towns & located right of the highway ramp but sufficiently far enough away that there is no highway noise. Parking is free & easy. I travel frequently & much enjoy my stays at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you use the gym then stay on the 1st flr for convenience. The lower the room number the closer yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a very comfortable stay here on our trip home - I was a little surprised to see this was a two-story motel-style building after seeing the pictures of the lobby online, it definitely didn't seem 'Doubletree', but the rooms were clean, relatively roomy, and quiet. We had a not-great experience with our waitress during breakfast in the restaurant (very slow, not friendly, and she gave us advice on how we could have ordered differently to save money AFTER the bill came), but it certainly didn't ruin our stay.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four months in spring/summer of 2013. From the time I check in until my final stay the staff went out of their way to make me feel at home. I stay at Hilton properties all over the world and my interaction with Danielle and Kenneth was the best I have ever had. They both went out of their way to make sure my stay was perfect.
I highly recommend this hotel.
Great Job!!
Vic

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Amagansett, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We recently came to the Doubletree for a wedding and took three rooms for the family for the evening. Rooms had a musty smell to them, and we adequate at best. We had reserved adjoining rooms, and first when we got there, we were told they weren't available. They eventually go this corrected but it should have been done in the first place. The hotel and ballroom were beyond cold....felt like the affair was held in a meat freezer. Food was again adequate and I'm sure other hotels in the area beckon.

Room Tip: You want to be near the lobby...hallways go on forever....if you get a rooom in the back.
1 Thank Qwickrick