“great property”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pearl River, New York
“great property”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

All facets of service are incredibly good. Employees pay great attention to detail. Food and Room were excellent.
Service at front desk by Dolly and Sara alone make you want to come back to this property

Room Tip: Ask Dolly or Sara to help select one at check in
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
London
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I enjoyed my three weeks stay on a business trip. The room was clean and tidy and amenities were good. Restaurant was expensive but food was very good. My only complaints were that there was no safe in the room that I could find and there were several parties and weddings during my stay and the residents were noisy until the early hours of the mornings, but the latter is not really the fault of the hotel.

I felt welcome for the duration of my stay and will be returning - often!

Ringoes, New Jersey
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The was my second visit... my first review was not good. When I checked in I asked for a room that was not "in the basement" and they obliged. I found the hotel and my room, in general, to be clean and satisfactory. Everything was in working order and I had no key issues. This hotel is now what I would consider average... about the same as any other Doubletree. One thing I will note, the food in the restaurant is fantastik! I will provide a separate review.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the lower level.
Westchester County, NY USA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall the hotel is standard. Standard ammenities, standard rooms, standard facility. The hotel staff were gracious and accomodating. However my main issues with this hotel is the fact that everything about it makes you feel like you stepped into a rustic medevil time warp. Everything about this place is DARK. The hotel parking lot is dimmy lit and can give you the creeps because of how remote and dark sections of it are. The lobby is dark and poorly lit, the hallways are poorly lit. Even the rooms and bathrooms are poorly lit. The room itself was standard, I will say the bed and pillows were very comfortable. But the room was small. There was no refrigerator in the room, but there was the nice touch of a Keurig coffeemaker. Bathrooms were also very very small, and while I liked the aesthetic of a pedestal sting, there is no counter space at all other then a small glass shelf.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid feedback on the look and feel of our property and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in our area so we can show you the quality accommodations and atmosphere you expect and deserve.
Linda Ferone
Executive Director of Sales & Catering
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Doubletree Hilton Tarrytown is a great place to stay. Excellent service, excellent rooms and facilities. Good location to stay just North of New York, with an excellent train connection to downtown Manhattan.

1 Thank HaHo100
Paris, France
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was a last resort I have to say when we were booking. At the height of the problems post Sandy there were not many hotels available for business travellers. I will say all the investment in this hotel has certainly gone into a grand lobby that is actually very cold to sit in for any amount of time. While the staff were friendly and helpful with various requests I had, although it honestly seemed to be more about who you got as service at breakfast was dreadful. I am not sure I would go back by choice. The biggest thing this hotel lacks is a "worthwhile" restaurant and for our stay we were not able to use it because it had been taken by a group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HiddenCaviar
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights after a lengthy international flight, and a whirlwind of domestic travel. It was the nicest of the several Hiltons that I stayed at on the trip... the perfect place to unwind -- the room was large and clean, the lobby and hotel grounds spacious and regal, the atmosphere easygoing and pleasant, and the staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms to the right of the Reception Desk are more recommended.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business