I booked this hotel for business travel. I arrived on a Monday with plans to stay for 1 month. I checked out 4 days later and found another place to stay for the duration of my trip. My room was in the very back part of the property but at least there was parking at the rear entrance. The elevator to the 2nd floor was old, creaky and took forever for the door to close ( even with pushing the close door button). I actually thought it had malfunctuined. The hall on the second floor reaked of a sickening sweet smell - worse than febreeze. It appeared to be an attempt to cover up foul odors. Exercise room was cluttered and unpleasant. Breakfast voucher provided but couldn't use because breakfast didn't start until 7 am which is the time I needed to leave for work.
On Wednesday I returned at 6 pm only to discover I could not drive to the rear of the building because the parking lot was blocked. Apparently the hotel had some remodel project as there were large trucks, generators, and bright lights illuminating the work area. The parking space I had to use resulted in a long walk through a maize of halls. There was no notice or explanation from management. Same thing happened Thursday night- that's when I made arrangements to change hotels. Thursday night at 9:30 pm large diesel trucks were backing into parking spaces outside my window - LOUD diesel engines running, lights shining in window and the annoying beep when commercial vehicles reverse. And workers talking loudly. At least by then I knew it was my last night in the horrible place!
I am a Diamond level Hilton Honors customer and try and stay at Hilton properties whenever I can.
I don't think I have ever had such a bad experiencde at a hotel. Management apologized but it was too little to late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TripAdvisor of Excellence Award Winner 2013 and 2012 Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown offers visitors the perfect location to explore history, dining, shopping, nature and entertainment and do business in between. Located in Westchester County, 25 minutes north of New York City just off I-87 and I-287, the hotel is easily accessible by air, car or train. Once you arrive, this unique hotel offers comfort and convenience in a relaxed atmosphere. The indoor pool, 24 hour fitness center, Day Spa, Restaurant and Lounge, Women's sauna and men's steam room complements a perfect travel experience. Since it re-opened, the hotel has been satisfying one customer at a time. Come and see it for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct and Travelocity so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Tarrytown Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hilton
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Tarrytown NY - Westchester County