“Pretty Lobby”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The rooms were kept clean and the lobby was wonderful. The breakfast was expensive for a small selection of food and there was no differentiating feature of the hotel to warrant an above average rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for the "excellent" rating in sleep quality and the "very good" ratings for location and cleanliness. In addition to a continental breakfast buffet the BistroZ Restaurant at DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown offerings include an ala carte menu with selections which are hearty and maybe you would have found more affordable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were in town last week for a lengthy hearing, one which posed a number of unforeseen logistical challenges every day. Dolly at the front desk went above and beyond her duties and made every effort to accommodate our many requests, from moving our rooms so we could be all together, to providing us with cookies (or in other words, “lunch”), to recommending her favorite places to eat, and answering a million questions. She also kept a very friendly and positive attitude, and was a welcome face during a stressful week. I look forward to working with her again when I return.

2  Thank Janice D

Thank you for your "very good" ratings and for complimenting our service at the Front Desk. We really appreciated the great feedback.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here recently for one night during a business trip. Also stayed several months ago. During both stays I found the staff to be courteous and helpful and the room comfortable. The sprawling design sometimes requires a long walk to a room but that can be mitigated by parking near one of the man entrances other than the main entrance. If I'm in the area again, I'll pay a return visit.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Margo G
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We spent three nights there and I am still confused with the services. The large hotel was packed on the weekend. We arrived on Friday night and the room was located on the first floor. Sheets and bedroom very clean but the bathroom..... A black cockroach under the sink almost dead, a blue dried contact lens inside the sink on the side ( by the way it stayed there for all 3 nights!), almost zero drainage in the shower... acrobatic bathing outside the tub and bending... took place! Is hospitality industry telling us as long as we are packed and 95% utilized, I can do whatever I want????

Room Tip: high floors might be better, i don't know
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

The DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown is indeed a large hotel and has over 150 employees who respond to our client needs. That is 1 employee for every 2 guest rooms. In each guest room there are 2 phones. Perhaps, you could have called the front desk or a manager, we could have made your stay more pleasant. I am very sorry you did not have a satisfactory stay.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just stayed at the hotel for a few days. I had an amazing experience! Beautiful room and great service from all staff members. I attended an event run by the hotel. It was set up beautifully and the food was delicious!
I would definitely recommend! Also, the location is excellent. Enjoy!

Room Tip: They are all great!
1  Thank ari e
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had decided to stay for the weekend and enjoyed my visit. I found the accomodations very comfortable and clean and the staff very accomodating. I will definitely stay again when I visit my Mom around the holdiays.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phillip K
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was there for a conference and found every employee to be friendly and helpful. The conference was concise with good directions, convenient lay out and no apparent problems. Even tho we did hear there had been a conflict, we as participants did not observe any resulting difficulties. At the end I did leave something at the hotel after I signed out. I called, they checked and I recieved a callback with my items withing 1 hour. Very grateful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#5 of 7 in Tarrytown
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown? Share your experiences!