“Nice Accommodations, Pricey Restaurant”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
“Nice Accommodations, Pricey Restaurant”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

As members of Hilton Honors, we try to stay at their properties when possible. This Doubletree is convenient and has a most attractive lobby. The staff were helpful and pleasant. Our accommodations were clean, and well maintained. As we were heading out early on our first morning, we decided to have breakfast in the dining room. While the food was good, we found the prices to be exorbitant. $4.00 for each small carafe of coffee and $17.00 for an omelet was particularly outrageous. Perhaps they have learned to cater to the expense account crowd but I might be annoyed if I found those charges on an employee's bill. The next morning we ate elsewhere. We have stayed at a number of Hilton properties and would opt for any which have a full breakfast included in the stay as Homewood Suites does.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here after a late work day and missing the last train back to NYC. Excellent service and accommodations. Really a great bargain for the price. The rooms are priced similarly to the Holiday Inn but are much nicer.

It's convenient to the Metro North train station and they offer a free shuttle to the train. Downtown Tarrytown is a great place to visit and hang out for an afternoon as well

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Elaine S
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were traveling back from a long trip and were exhausted and decided to stop here as a result of a Hotels booklet I had picked up. I called and the receptionist said they had rooms, gave directions, (super easy off highway) we were extreemly happy to see what a beautiful hotel it was. It has a "lodge" feel open and warm reception area with stone fireplace. We went to the bar area and had a bite and a cocktail and then used the pool. The room was huge and the beds were so comfy. My husband was going to do a wake up call and I said "no", we weren't in a rush to get home, let's sleep and stay until check out! I would definately stay there and recommend this hotel. The location is great and there is a diner across the street that we heard was good too. Best place we said out of our trip and this one was last minute

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel using Hotwire. The lobby was nice and there were some upgrades like nice sheets and Crabtree & Evelyn products. The hotel, though, is older and is difficult to navigate. The elevator was very small and there was no convenient way to get to our rooms. They did accommodate a late check out. Lunch in the restaurant was very good and worth a trip.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NYC
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here or 1 night was very impressed with the layout and laid back feel of the place very cozy.. Everyone was warm and friendly more than accommodating breakfast was great the coffee was amazing ending up having 2 cups as I read my book ...50 shades of Grey lol

Will definitely return for for full weekend stay in the upcoming future

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SecretShopNyc
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was recently in Tarrytown for business and spent most of a week there. I chose the Doubletree because it seemed like the best-positioned hotel for my purposes and I've had consistently good experiences with this chain and the related Hilton family of hotels. This proved to be a good decision because most of the hotels/motels that claim to be in Tarrytown are actually in White Plains and for me that would have added extra miles and dollars to every day's work.

This Doubletree is an older but still nice facility -- the fitness center was being renovated while I was there but the staff arranged a complimentary workout next door at a community center. In fact, the staff at the front desk handled all my many requests with aplomb. I had problems with internet connections at one point; they fixed it within minutes. All in all, a terrific experience, and the staff even pointed out how easy it would be to get to a Yankees game from Tarrytown -- advice that only a torrential rain kept me from following. Definitely will visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: The hotel complex is quite large -- rooms in the back are very quiet but a long walk to the front re...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree in Tarrytown for lodging after a concert while on a "mini-tour" of my favorite band while they were in the NorthEast US. I have done "mini-tours" before, and have chosen hotels poorly in the past. The Doubletree, however, was a great choice. Here's why.
1) Easy location to get on and off the highway, and with the location of Tarrytown, I had options of where I wanted to drive. Headed to Holmdel, NJ, for the PNC Back Amphitheatre, I chose to drive down via the TZ Bridge and avoid NYC. Headed back at midnight, with lighter traffic, I chose to drive back through NYC and get some good views. It took the same amount of time either way. Easy access to the highway, with a choice of routes...excellent location.
2) The property was easy to navigate. There were a few wings to the hotel, but with parking well laid out, I was never far away from an entrance or my room. That is a wonderful thing when getting in at 1:00 am and you're exhausted. Plus, the room I had on the first floor had an entrance into a central courtyard, so I actually had two possibilities of getting into my room, whichever was easiest for me.
3) The lobby, dining area, and rooms were quite nice. The feeling the decor provided simply made me happy, and that helps with long drives before and after the stay.
4) I am always a fan of Doubletree food, and this was no exception. From the warm cookies on arrival (excellent snack for the drive down to the show!) to the early breakfast the following day (love the locks and bagels!) I felt well taken care of.
5) After my stay I needed to drive back home to Maine, on a Friday, in the summer, so I knew traffic was going to be bad the later the day got. I left early and tried to expedite the process. Not only was the check-out process wicked easy, the breakfast staff provided me with a to-go box and silverware (offered to me while they saw me rushing - they could tell I might like it. I didn't actually have to ask for it!) so I could pack a great hot breakfast and eat it on the road. That was an unexpected bonus!

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better experience to help me stay rested, well fed, and get recharged for the next leg of my mini-tour. Doubletree...GREAT JOB!

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the courtyard have an entrance from both inside the hotel and directly from...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo