Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$209
$152
$123
$101
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Westchester County(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$125
$140
$138
$160
ComfortInn
All reviewssleepy hollowroom was cleanstarbucks coffeewe've stayedlong walkwould definitely stay here againindoor poolthe tappan zee bridgeconvenient locationeasy accessnew yorkwhite plainswestchester countyinto nycthird floorfront desk stafffree breakfast
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Usually we stay in NYC with hotel rates of $350-500 per night. Since we were only going to a Yankee game, we thought we would stay outside the city in a much less expensive hotel. It worked out beautifully- the Marriott was modern, clean, quiet and very inexpensive (got a great deal thru Priceline). We took the Metro North train directly into Yankee Stadium for $8.50 each, round trip and it only took 25 minutes. Tarrytown is a nice , clean town with excellent restaurants. I think we may stay here every time we go to New York whether it's a ballgame, play or just sightseeing.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Decent place. Clean and quiet. Friendly, helpful staff. Over priced ($199), but so is every other decent hotel in the area. Some great diners near by. Recommend the Eldorado.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2009

My family lives in the Tarrytown area, and I stay at this hotel most of the times that I visit. I usually get the booking through Priceline, at a greatly discounted price. On this particular trip, I stayed 8 nights.

The hotel is typical for a Courtyard -- clean, nice furnishings, most everything you need (except a restaurant for lunch or dinner). The hotel is set well back from the street, so there's not much noise from the outside. At night, I often see deer walking around, which is kind of fun.

On this particular trip, the jacuzzi was broken when we arrived. For several days, we were told that the jacuzzi would be fixed in the next day or so. I think it was finally working on day 7 of our 8 day stay.

The guests at the hotel tend not to be particularly quiet on the weekends, when the clientele switches from business people to party guests (this has been my experience on many stays at this property over the past 20 years). On this particular trip, a mom had booked a couple of rooms across the hall from me for a slumber party for about six 10-year old girls. On my prior trip (in Feb 2009), there were two 20ish year old couples in the next room partying loudly at about 3 AM. I called the manager, and who came up to the room and knocked loudly on the door. The people in the room wouldn't open the door for a few minutes, and when they eventually did, the manager smelled marijuana and saw a bong. He yelled at them that if they weren't out of the hotel within 10 minutes he was going to call the police. After several minutes of yelling back and forth, he let these people stay.

Also on this trip, someone hit my rental car in the back parking lot, and did a fair amount of damage. I think this goes along with the general party atmosphere on the weekends.

So I guess, you stay at your own risk on weekends. Could be very nice, could be very noisy. On weekdays, it's great.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chbruce
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I read the reviews. I knew about the elevator. For the $90/night I paid and the fact that I didn't have to pay in advance and I could cancel up until 6:30 the night of arrival, I went with it.

Check in went well. I forgot about the elevator being in the back until I got there and found my third-floor room was right next to the elevator and the ice machine. The ice machine was loud just running and was horrible when used. Add the traffic in the hall and I knew I had to move.

I was moved down the hall and from a new pillowtop mattress (I checked when I arrived) to a room that smelled of smoke (I checked and there were ashes by the window) and the bed wasn't as comfortable. Sigh. I chose to stay but kept in mind I might leave the next day. The desk clerk said they were sold out and the room I was now in was the last one. Sigh. The location and all, I hoped, were going to trump the stale smoke smell in the room.

I stayed until the entire three nights I had booked and found the stay to be okay. Having a refrigerator in the room was nice and the grocery store just down the street made for a very economical trip.

Leaving was a pain when the only elevator (only one car, not a pair of elevators, at the back) was out of order and no sign was posted. I finally just carried all my stuff down the stairs. When I told the desk, I was told, "I know." His indifference left me with that "okay" overall feeling.

The location can't be beat for visiting Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Pleasantville, and Chappaqua. They need to enforce their penalty for smoking in the rooms, though, so the return in the evening isn't negative because people smoke anyway.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I've stayed here on a regular basis for the past five years or so. Never a problem. Nice clean room. Great service.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple