“Beautiful quite place away from NYC”

Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Billerica, Massachusetts, USA
“Beautiful quite place away from NYC”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a very nice place. Well managed. Tarrytown station is 10 min drive and the train to NYC is about 40 min (tickets are pricey for a family compared to parking in NYC) The room was very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: We got a king bedroom suit and was spacious for my 3 yr old to run around.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
john a, General Manager at Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Dennis W
I am delighted to hear that your first experience at our property was a memorable one and we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future. It’s good to know that you enjoyed convenience of the location and dining options of the neighborhood.
We will be looking forward to have you with us again.
John Agabey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a great time staying at this hotel. Staff were absolutely nice and very helpful. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool which was perfect relaxation just to spent time with the family.
We would love to go back again.

Dear, Joel S
Thank you for you kind comments. We try to treat all of our guests like “family”, I am glad we met those expectations. The staff here at the Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott is well trained and they take pride in delivering world class customer service. They not only have good knowledge of the hotel but additionally they all have knowledge of the surrounding areas. It is a perfect location for business as several corporate offices surround the hotel. We are centrally located just a short distance from all the major attractions in White Plains.
Edgewater
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here multiple times for business and am always pleased with the exceptional level of service, cheerful staff and convenience to the local area. It's proximity to the city, West Chester county and eastern Connecticut make it perfect for business and pleasure traveller alike. The Bistro offers reasonably priced and quality meals and it's always nice to unwind with a drink from the bar at the end of the day! The fitness facility and pool are an added bonus and very nice for the health conscious; the multiple treadmills and weight selection make for a nice workout while on the road. The rooms are spacious, clean and have been updated with Marriott's modern decor - I'm always comfortable and sleep well on my visits here! Historic Tarrytown is just a short drive away, and there are many restaurants, shops and attractions to experience in this quaint little abode on the Hudson River. Beautiful views await you along the route that heads north from the Courtyard along the Hudson River - try to catch the sunset if you can along the cliffs of the western shore of the river! For ease of logistics. This property is conveniently located near the main interchange of I-287 and the Tappan Zee Bridge; this gives you great access into the western side of the Hudson Valley, the lower portion of Connecticut or south into West Chester County or New York City.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
john a, General Manager at Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Tarrytown Courtyard. Tarrytown Courtyard by marriott takes pride in the special services offered to our entire guest. It is not easy to select a hotel that values guest in making sure their stay is memorable especially when traveling on the road. We will always accommodate guest who are in need of any request such as refrigerators, microwaves, and room location. We hope to see you soon. I am happy that Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott had another great guest experience.

Rutland, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Longer then expected wait at check in as staff physically went to check to see if rooms (2) were ready. Check in is 3:00 pm, we checked in after 4:00 pm. One would have expected rooms would have been checked earlier, as reservations were make approximately two weeks in advance. Rooms were what you would expect from a Marriott, clean and bright. Beds were very comfortable. However paper thin walls, adjacent elevator and ice machine allowed for noise levels during the night that were unacceptable and made for a less then restful sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not located in the area of the ice machine and elevator.
2 Thank mikvic1982
john a, General Manager at Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback. I can certainly understand your disappointment waiting for the room. I have reviewed your comments with the appropriate members of our staff, and we will use this opportunity to make the appropriate changes necessary to prevent reoccurrence of this nature.
Please be assured that incidents such as these are indeed rare at our hotel, and certainly are not typical of the quality of service that the Tarrytown Courtyard has as a standard.
We are always pleased to receive feedback such as yours, as it enables us to strive for even higher standards and improvements. Please let us know when you are planning on visit Tarrytown again, so that we may arrange your stay with us through my office to insure that your stay with us is a pleasant one.
We hope to see you again near future.

New York
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had a free night to use and was looking for a close getaway to take the family. With Sleepy Hollow and all its amazing sites right next to Tarrytown this was the perfect weekend retreat. I stay at Courtyard's when traveling for business so knew what to expect and the hotel, room, and staff met my expectations. My kids loved the pool, the lobby fireplace, and eating in The Bistro watching cartoons Sunday morning.

Room Tip: 2nd floor facing the courtyard looks into the pool and has a balcony.
Dear j29NewYork
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay Tarrytown Courtyard. We truly appreciate the opportunity to hear about the great experiences that our guests have at Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott. I hope to personally welcome you back to our property in the near future and wish you all the best in future travels!

Tarrytown, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had a great time , service was absolutely amazing , everyone was very nice and helpful , rooms were very clean , I had view to the courtyard which I recommend! second or third floor are usually my choices, they have a pool which I didn't get to use this time but it looked great at night time with a blue neon light under it , and I love the fact that they have a small selection of drinks downstairs beer,wine,scotch ext.....great time!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Letmeknow3
Thank you for your comments about the Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott we appreciate your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are fortunate to have a staff that strives to provide world class customer service to all of our guests each and every day. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you to White Plains.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I don't easily give 5 stars but this hotel deserves it. I stayed there one night and it was truly a great experience. Room was perfect, spacious, comfortable. I had a great nights sleep. Ground floor has a nice restaurant. They served Starbucks coffee. I asked for a coffee and what I got from the Barrista was a super tasting coffee, better than anything I ever drank from Starbucks.

The elevator is in one corner. To get to my room I had to walk all the way around. I chose to use the stairs instead which got me to my room quicker.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor and avoid using the elevator. Go up by stairs which helps you keep fi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PA430
Dear PA430
Thank you for your comments concerning the Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott. It is heartwarming to see all the training we do on customer service is having an impact on our guests. The entire staff prides itself on providing clean rooms and they all have a passion for customer service. My motto is clean rooms and friendly people I am happy we met these expectations. I sincerely hope the next time you are in White Plains you will stay at the hotel where “everybody knows your name”.