Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
$123
$101
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$209
$152
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Westchester County(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
$125
$140
$119
$160
ComfortInn
All reviewssleepy hollowroom was cleanstarbucks coffeewe've stayedlong walkwould definitely stay here againindoor poolthe tappan zee bridgeconvenient locationeasy accessnew yorkwhite plainswestchester countyinto nycthird floorfront desk stafffree breakfast
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in early September. Surprisingly, the hotel was fully booked. It was not a holiday weekend and I found this surprising as the front desk clerk was unaware of any events in the area and the room rate was not especially competitive, although I did book at the last minute.

Parking was a bit of a challenge due to my late arrival and the fact that it was a full house, but I found something at the back of the property that was in close enough proximity to my room.

This property has been updated to fit in with the newer look this chain has been slowly rolling out over the last few years, although being an older property it is not quite as bright and shiny as the new ones in the public areas such as hallways.

Nonetheless everything was spotlessly clean and the room was as expected.

The property is unique in that it looks like it is carved into the side of a mountainside. This makes it a little difficult to locate but it is right across the street from another Marriott property and there is a decent amount of signage.

The location is great as well - next to the Tappan Zee Bridge in Tarrytown close to several large corporations and many hotels. If you want to venture out to eat while staying here, I recommend having a car with you. Tarrytown is a quaint little town on the Hudson river and there are a number of small restaurants and shops on the main street. Since the hotel is located in a primarily area on a busy main road close to I-287, it is not very walkable. Taxi cabs may be available on call however having a car is strongly recommended for extensive travel while staying here.

No surprises here - despite a full house I never heard a sound from any other room and since the property is set back from the road, there is no street noise.

Overall, a clean comfortable and quiet one night at a brand I frequently stay at.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank travel_gnome33
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved the pool in spa in the greenhouse-like windows. Room was clean, and it was convenient to Tarrytown (where family was staying).

First room we were assigned smelled smoky, but they were good about promptly giving us another room. There was also a little bit of a plumbing noise from the pipes, but nothing that prompted me to complain.

Room Tip: Would recommend staying on a higher level floor for better light. 2nd floor in the back is actually first floor, but convenient to park next to.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love this place. I have spent so many nights in Marriott Hotels, but I have to say, this was one of my favorite locations. I loved the balcony, very romantic. We will definately visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We enjoyed our visit to the Tarrytown courtyard by Marriott - very niceroom with lots of space, extremely clean and well supplied by the housekeeping staff, and very good, fresh breakfast selections. We will certainly return on future visits to the area !

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay with you at the Tarrytown Courtyard Marriott. We booked online and everything went well. Everyone was so nice. We loved our daily breakfast in our own private cubbie with a TV. The food was great!
We loved our room. It was spacious and quiet. We were right across the hall from the pool and a few doors down from the work out room How convenient! We have health issues as Seniors and need to exercise even when we travel. We also appreciate the senior rate provided.
So glad to have so many outlets and free Internet. We travel with so many devices and had no trouble charging everything. Parking was no problem and the the treats in the lobby were greatly appreciated each day. This is our hotel of choice for the future. Thanks for the full, friendly service.

1  Thank Marianne M