Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Chose this location based on cost due to business trip and not being in the room except to sleep and change. Location is great, especially if wanting to venture out into different towns to eat and its near 87/287. Unfortunately the room smelled of mildew and the bathroom is out-dated and dirty. I had to wipe brown drip lines off the back of the bathroom door. The staff did not seem very friendly. The lobby is very clean, updated and comfy. If you are looking at cost its a win, otherwise stay away.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank scottdkyle

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I've stayed at thi property several times for several months, the hotel is always very clean insife and out. They have a Bistro downstairs which is nice.

Managers on the other hand, very rude. I had an issue with them regarding a fire alarm. Sounds ridiculous but true. The staff didn't do their part regarding the situation and in turn upon my next check in they rejected my reservation and banned me from the hotel all together, on top of being RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Why I was treated in such a manner is beyond me.. My safety was put in peril by this hotel, for they did not come to check on fire alarm situation and at the end, I was blamed and banned. Wouldn't recommend this property to anyone. Safety is a big issue and this place is definently not safe. They are willing and able to cut off a business relationship with a regular client and have an 'I don't care, call who you want' attitude.. There are plenty other hotels in the area, this one is a waste of money if you believe in customer service and safety..

They will also bring up past issues such as credit card/bank card issue (although immediately fixed and payed) as an excuse to reject a client as well..

Bottom line managers here are phony rude and disrespectful and could honestly do and treat clients as they please.. Ive tried every outlet to resolve this issue, contacting corporate, writing letters, even taking it as far as Mr. Marriott Consumer Affairs... Nothing has been done.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE ONLY TO ENDURE HORRIBLE UNSAFE RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE TACTICS AT COURTYARD MARRIOTT TARRYTOWN GREENBURG.

3  Thank era l
Reviewed September 26, 2011

What a treat. $109 per night. Large rooms. Updated interiors. Perfect jump off point for the Hudson river valley. Easy, clean, and spacious. Great interior garden space to sit, read the paper and contemplate the coming days activities. Upsacle for Marriot Courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for interior room overlooking courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at this Marriott August 31 - September 2. This is not the quality I am used to from a Marriott. I am a Platinum Member of Marriott and wasn't impressed by this hotel.
Positives - close drive to the train station for travel into NYC
Negatives: Rooms were not very impressive. Bathrooms and guest rooms need to be updated. I actually thought of leaving this hotel and staying elsewhere. Especially for the cost it really isn't worth the money. When you book a room you only get 1 breakfast per room even if there are 2 staying in the room you will have to pay for the extra person which I have never had at any other hotel.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Most people will probably have a decent experience at this hotel. It was clean, convenient to the places we planned to go and our room, with a couple of glaring exceptions, was quiet. One glaring exception was that voices from people passing by in the corridor were quite audible. Since it was Labor Day weekend, many of those voices belonged to excited children heading to and from the pool that was right next door. Ah, the pool. Exception number two was that the north wall of our room was the south wall of the pool and hot tub room. The machinery that makes the hot tub bubble is in the north wall of our room so every time someone turned the motor of the hot tub on, the north wall of the room began whining, grinding and vibrating. Since the pool and hot tub are available until 11 PM, this would have presented a problem for us sleeping had we not come equipped with a tower fan for white noise.

As it happened, we needed the fan for more than white noise. Anyone who has ever been in southern Westchester county in September knows that it's almost indistinguishable climactically from July and August. Ventilation in our room was provided by a medium sized wall unit that is controlled by a thermostat on the wall. The thermostat would not allow us to set it lower than 66 degrees. The temperature in the room never went below 72 the whole time we were there. The unit did manage to remove most of the humidity from the room and, thankfully, we had the fan to circulate the air. Come on, Marriott! I realize it's important to save energy but would your ConEd bill have broken the bank if we had been able to turn the AC down to 64?

There was no telephone book in the room and local calls cost $0.75. We aren't big travelers but we do go away overnight a few times a year and usually find a telephone book in the room that isn't too ancient and most places have at least free local calls.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool. If it's summer, get a room with a north and east exposure.
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh for one night (pretty short stay as I arrived around 10pm and left in the morning at 6am). Check-in was easy and I asked the front desk clerk about calling a taxi for the next morning. She asked if I wanted to call myself or have her call (I asked her to call). The taxi service she called does not start until 6am (I originally wanted the taxi to arrive at 5:45, but this was ok).

My room was on the 2nd floor. The layout of the hotel is a bit complicated - I guess the halls are laid out in a square so I had to walk through a few halls to get to my room. Maybe I could have gone the other way and it would have been shorter but I didn't feel adventurous.

The room was nice - the bed faces the window which is a bit unusual but not a problem. I liked that there are outlets next to the bed so I could charge my phone overnight but have my phone nearby. I had a little difficulty finding the outlets, actually, but they are right under the lamps (not near the floor).

Toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face soap and body soap. The towels were thin. There was a fridge but no microwave. I don't remember if there was a coffee maker but I think there was (I remember there being packets of coffee).

Free wi-fi in the room (probably in the lobby as well) - there was a screen where you had to accept the terms of use but was not complicated. There was a computer and printer in the lobby so you could print out your boarding pass.

There is an indoor pool in the hotel. No free breakfast (at least, not for the room rate I had). I couldn't figure out how to set the alarm clock to ON (I was able to set the time, but wasn't sure how to get it to work).

When I went downstairs to check out in the morning, there was no one at the front desk - but someone came along about a minute later. The taxi was already waiting outside (even though it was before 6am).

I took the taxi to the Metro North station (Hudson line). The cost is $7 and takes less than 10 minutes.

I wish I could have spent more time in the hotel - the room was very nice, though you can hear the crickets outside all night long. Hope to have another opportunity to stay at the Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel itself is fine. But I had a problem with my room. I reported it to the front desk. The agent just dismissed my concern as something I just had to deal with. After checkout I was asked to complete a review. Mentioned the same problem in my review. No one from their management or customer service ever offered an apology or followed up on my bad review.

But to end things on a positive note: hotel is nice and close to the freeway so easy to find, the breakfast food was extremely good (surprised me) and again, the room was clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business