“Fine nice locaton”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
San Jose, CA
“Fine nice locaton”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Clean, nothing special, food was not very good. Good locaton to visit Yorktown business trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Willow Grove, PA
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Greenburgh, New York is very convenient to Tarrytown, New York attractions and to I-287, so we stayed for three days while on vacation. The hotel is a typical two-story Courtyard facility--nothing fancy, but perfectly adequate.

We added $10 to our nightly room rate, which entitled each of us to a cooked breakfast served in the lobby snack bar. The breakfast was a very good value.

The hotel features a nice enclosed indoor pool and hot tub. Unfortunately, the facility was immediately across the hall from our room. A half-dozen unsupervised children monopolized the pool area for much of the first two days we stayed at the hotel, and their antics and play included shouting and running that extended beyond the pool area into the adjoining hallways on both floors of the hotel. Guests in the other wing of the hotel commented to me about hearing the children at 6 a.m. on Sunday morning, so you can imagine what we heard. Perhaps the hotel management should have required supervision of the children. Despite this complaint, we weren't in our room enough for the noise to bother us sufficiently to ask for a room change.

The staff was very pleasant--especially the staff at the snack/restaurant area at breakfast.

The hotel offered what, to me, were some nice touches and conveniences. There was iced strawberry/mango infused water in the lobby in the afternoon and evening. There was a bank of Internet-connected computers in the lobby for guests without laptops; the hotel even provided free printing. And, there were two computers and a printer that could be used to pre-print airline boarding passes. No big deals, but nice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed here with two of my daughters and a close friend of the family to celebrate a birthday. We had a great time. The room was very clean and the hotel was quiet and welcoming. We had a one-bedroom suite which was very spacious but also had a nice, cozy feel to it. The kids had a great time swimming in the pool, which is always a treat for them in February!
Since it was a special birthday weekend for my daughter, I was very glad that the hotel was nice and that our stay was comfortable. We found the staff to be very pleasant and eager to help with anything we needed. Everyone was friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011
Portimao, Portugal
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We were in the Tarrytown/Dobbs Ferry area for a small family reunion and chose the Courtyard for its location and price. We were pleasantly surprised by the setting, so many trees and beautiful scenery. Our room was quite large, but the sofa was so close to the bed, we had to move it for easy access. When my brother & sister-in-law checked in the following day, there was a luggage trolley filled with suitcases in the room. We called to reception and they immediately came with a new room key - and an upgrade to a suite!! My husband & I managed to get a free breakfast out of the deal. Breakfast is a strange affair, with the restaurant in the lobby and a system of restricting guests to choosing 2 cold items or 1 hot item, unless they wish to pay extra. There are dozens of lovely little breakfast places in the charming towns nearby.
The beds are comfortable and roomy, everything functioned as it should.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I called Aug 29 and made a reservation. I then called back later the same day to cancel. A relative had invited me to stay with them for the night in Irvington. I was told by the lady on shift that their computer was down and that I should call back later. I thought she should call me when the reservation was cancelled because she did not know when the computer would be back in service. I did not get a call back. I then called back later in the evening and was told by the lady that she tried to call me. There is no message on my answering machine. Then she told me she could not find my reservation number. I was handed over to a male who said he could not hear me on the phone and hung up. I was always very nice and have stayed at this Hotel each visit to Tarrytown. Sad customer service. What has happened here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Delanco,NJ
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stayed here while attending a weekend family function. The room was well appointed and we appreciated having the refrigerator, iron and ironing board. The pool was nice; although it was indoor, the glass wall went a long way toward NOT making you feel like you were at the Y.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 13, 2010

My opinion echos the review submitted previously. Time has passed these rooms by. While most hotels have upgraded to flat screen televisions, this property has yet to make the change. The room is functional but dated. Carpeting needs replacement and bathrooms need new tubs and sinks. In my opinion, the nice lobby area doesn't make up for the condition of the rooms. There are no restaurants in the immediate area - expect a 10 minute drive to Tarrytown. At the time of this writing, highway construction in the area can cause traffic delays.

The Marriott Courtyard hotel in Rye, NY offers far better rooms for the same price. I would recommend staying in Rye if there is no great inconvenience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business