“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of The Twisted Oak

The Twisted Oak
Reserve with OpenTable
The Twisted Oak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Twisted Oak offers a daily changing menu sourcing from Local Hudson Valley Farmers making sustainable agriculture the focal point of the menu.
Tarrytown
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I don't usually give a five start review because I often find room for improvement, even with restaurants I really like. This time I am happy to say was an exception. The restaurant is small, only about 40 seats. The menu changes daily to accommodate the freshest ingredients, although the popular items remain. My husband had the shaved brussel sprouts appetizer and loved it. I had the mussels and there were outstanding. At the bottom of the bowl is a piece of toasted bread that has been sitting in the broth soaking it up so you don't have to dip bread in the bowl. Boy was that good. My husband had the lamb entrée and I had the chicken. Again both dishes were perfectly cooked and truly delicious. For dessert we shared a chocolate in a glass dish that was out of this world. The staff were all very professional and pleasant. The only knock I would have is they have a very small wine list. That being said, the wines they had were very good. Our total bill for two cocktails, two glasses of wine, two apps, two entrees and one dessert and coffee came to $180. Not cheap but worth every penny!

• Visited April 2014