“Great locale for meetings or a weekend getaway”

Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We had a meeting with 8 participants for two days. We stayed two nights, arriving near midnight the first day. The rooms are very nice with nice touches like a large desk are, Starbucks coffee, flat screens. The conference rooms was perfect. They have two approx 50" flat screens on opposing walls so that everyone at the conference table can look straight ahead and see the presentation. Great service, quiet in conference and guest rooms. Excellent food in the restaurant. Everyone was helpful. Sean was our shuttle driver. He gave us a local history lesson when he shuttled us to local restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Jacqueline is a star that outshines everything other thing about this beautiful hotel. She is so pleasant, competent, and helpful that she makes one's stay a wonderful experience. If she were my employee, I would promote her immediately to a management position. Her ability and personality are bound to make her an effective leader at Sheraton

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We went to Tarrytown to visit Historic Hudson Valley and chose the Sheraton based on reviews. We were not disappointed. The staff was courteous and helpful. Te room was large, clean and had all the necessities. there were complimentary hot and cold drinks in the lobby each day. For our visit the location was great - only a few miles to all the historic landmarks. We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on food or drinks. We had a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Wish the bed linens were pressed. (At home I starch and iron my linens.. smile). Otherwise, through all my stays here the service keeps getting better and better, from Russell the front desk supervisor; Sean who reminds me of old world European charm and hospitality; Lorena the hostess on the club floor who is so outgoing and personable I feel she's an old friend. Keep doing what you're doing Tarrytown Sheraton!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank kennedi
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My three-year-old daughter and I were invited to an evening wedding at the Blue Hill Farm, and I decided to stay overnight at Tarrytown instead of traveling back to NYC with an overtired child. I was so glad I chose the Tarrytown Sheraton. A free shuttle van picked us up at the Metronorth Station,and the driver was so helpful and friendly. Check-in was a breeze, and the staff there were friendly and very helpful. I had difficulty with the keycard and asked a maid about it. She immediately called her supervisor who got there very quickly. He went and got me a new card and made sure it worked. I can't say enough how helpful the staff had been.
The room felt new with a beautiful bathroom. Everything was clean and looked new. My daughter thought the king-sized bed was heavenly and made herself comfortable. The room was freezing cold and I had to turn down the thermostat. There was no dresser but a wardrobe for hanging clothes.
The next day, since breakfast was not included and we had to leave early to get to birthday party, I bought some snack bars and juice from the snack center. Be aware of expiration dates! The juice expired a week before. We were at the train station when I noticed. It was pretty pricey. Since I charged it to my room, I guess I could have called the hotel about it and get it credited but did not bother.
All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sltsang5
Reviewed October 3, 2010

The staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. The shuttle service they supplied was excellent, prompt, courteous and very clean. The room,
absolutely wonderful. The bed was so comfortable and clean. Bathroom had everything I needed, and more. Internet connections was quick and easy at a very moderate rate. I can't say enough about it. The front desk clerk, Jacqueline, was a real lifesaver giving us any information we asked for and was so nice to an unseasoned traveller

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I was on a business trip and plane was canceled in very stormy weather in Westchester. I needed a hotel quickly and remembered the Sheraton from a family occasion a few years ago. The desk was wonderful and gave me a great rate. Lorena in the club lounge was top notch. In every way, a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#5 of 7 in Tarrytown
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Been to Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel? Share your experiences!