“Great date night!”
Review of Equus Restaurant

Equus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Equus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson River, the main tower of Castle Hotel & Spa forms the highest point in Westchester County. Castle Hotel & Spa is a medieval-style structure that was meticulously transformed into a luxury hotel, offering guests royal-quality service, luxurious guestrooms, and the award-winning Equus restaurant which features Auberge-style, natural French-inspired cuisine. The luxurious new THANN™ Sanctuary Spa is an oasis of peace and tranquility where a holistic treatment approach aims to rediscover inner physical and mental wellness. Only 25 miles north of Manhattan, Castle Hotel & Spa opened as a luxury hotel in 1997; 16 years after being designated a historic landmark.
Westchester, NY
“Great date night!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I've always wanted to eat at The Castle but I worried it might be too pretentious. I was wrong ! It was a fantastic night. The staff greeted us at the door with a smile and made us feel welcomed as they sat us at a lovely table. The dining rooms are comfortable and cozy while still appear impressive. The serving staff were very nice, helpful and surprisingly down to earth . The food was delicious. They sent out a complimentary vegetable soup sample that tasted great- and I don't normally like veg soup! We had the venison and fluke. Both were very good although I wasn't a fan of the pomegranates around the fluke. Dessert was amazing. Chocolate mouse cake was light and delicious. The apple and hazelnut was one of the best desserts my husband ever had. After dinner we sat by the fireplace. We were very impressed with Equus and can't wait to go back. They even have a tasters menu for $95 that allow you to sample an appetizer, something from the sea, land and a dessert.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank KCW21

Vestal, New York
“Worthy of the price”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

A very special meal for a very special occasion...we started with drinks on the patio, watching the sun set. Then on to a really great meal, from appetizer to dessert. Very attentive staff, too. The only thing odd was that reservations were very limited, but the place was more than half empty throughout our entire meal.

When we finished our meal, the staff was kind enough to show us around the castle...very nice!

• Visited September 2013
Hartsdale , New York
“First Class”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm always saddened to read bad reviews of a place like this. To be honest, I have to wonder what the person writing it must've brought with them to create a bad time at Equus.

It is simply the finest high-class dining facility in Westchester. There's really no place else like it.

Over the years I have had some of the best dining experiences (not just meals) I have ever had at Equus. I have also NEVER had a bad experience there, from the valet apologizing for almost stalling my car (but he didn't) to the wait staff to the bar and the food.

It isn't cheap. There's no place like this that is. And that's as it should be. This isn't some country club restaurant - it's a fine dining (and staying) property. I have had numerous birthday, anniversary and other celebratory meals here and never regretted choosing Equus once. And I'll go there again. I would note that the condition of the property and the views available from it are unmatched in the county. If what you're looking for is a 1st class evening out (and you really know what that is...) you cannot and will not go wrong here. Unless that's your intention. And if that's the case, you have my sympathies.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank spiritof67
North Myrtle Beach
“Don't waist your money”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went for brunch for my husbands birthday. It was suposed to be a special day for us. The service was the worst I have ever seen, especially for a restaurant of that caliber. I was totally shocked. I expected them to come out and apologise to us and comp the meal.We paid almost four hundred dollars for brunch for five people. The food was ok not worth the price. The poor service was the main thing. Too bad. The place is beautiful.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Setting, Delicious Food!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went as part of a family gathering of 14 people. It was in a stunning castle that turned into a hotel and spa. There was a wedding in the back on the lawn. The staff was attentive and knew the menu well. The menu trended to the more expensive side with Lamb costing $59. There is a pre fixe menu that was $90. We were served an amuse bouche that was tasty. The fresh bread was great! I had the cavatelli appetizer and skate entrée. It was very good. I would definitely return!

• Visited October 2013