“An Amazing Restaurant”
Review of Equus Restaurant

Equus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Equus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 65 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Situated atop the highest point in Westchester county, New York, housed in ahe Castle overlooking the Hudson River, the award-winning Equus restaurant features contemporary American popular cuisine. Changing with the seasons and the provenance of the Hudson Valley and nearby Atlantic Ocean, every meal is a special occasion! Every diner our "guest of honor!" Here at the Castle, the luxurious new SANKARA Spa is an oasis of peace and tranquility - worlds away from Manhattan; where a holistic treatment approach aims to rediscover inner physical and mental wellness. Only 25 miles north of The City, Castle Hotel & Spa opened as a luxury hotel in 1997; 16 years after being designated a historic landmark.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The food is just top shelf, in a very romantic setting. The prix fixe menu with wine pairings is very nice, although can get expensive! It's well worth it and a MUST TRY!

1  Thank anne k

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went for Christmas dinner. Yes it was very expensive but worth every cent.

From the moment we got out of the car to the moment we left everything was taken care of. I lost count of how many people did things for us.

We were early and got to see all of the different rooms set up for christmas . This place is huge and really is a castle (as close as you can get) with Hudson river views.

Despite the cost we will be back. The choices were limited in the prux fix menu but it did not matter as the food was excellebt and beautifully served and presented.

I cannot fault this place.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I looked up Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown area to visit while on vacation in NY...this Castle on the Hudson came up...the ambiance is worth the drive...the service was impeccable...we were a party of
five...3 had the tasting menu...FABULOUS...I had the Sea Bass dinner...FABULOUS...1 had a steak
dinner...FABULOUS ...we had drinks at the bar...very cozy...we have decided when we go back to also stay a night at the Castle hotel

Reviewed December 16, 2012

A special birthday dinner at a unique location. The combination of the dinner, the wine, the service, and the location, is unique.

We started with Crab Cakes, the Sautéed Foie Gras, and the Lobster Risotto. These were followed by Washu Beef Sirloin, the Roasted Long Island Duck, and the Lamb. Each were prepared superbly; "rare" was "rare," and "medium rare" was prepared as requested. Duck was moist and tasty.

Dessert included the Chocolate Cake (it did NOT require 20 minutes, as warned), and the cheese plate … very enjoyable.

The 2007 Nickel and Nickel Merlot was well-priced and maintained well in the cellar.

Overall, the service was great … car was waiting for us when we left the table.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The service and atmosphere are both off the charts high at this restaurant. The food is excellent but be prepared to spend a lot if you want to try the tasting menu with wine. Everything I had was worthy of a 5 star restaurant. For starters I tried the Crab Cakes and the Sautéed Foie Gras. Delicious. Next were the Langoustine Soup and the Tile Fish. The Tile Fish was with Brussels Sprouts that even I thought tasted fantastic and I never liked Brussels Sprouts! The Langoustine Soup was a Lobster Broth with julienned vegetables with 4 larges Prawns that oozed with flavor. The Washu Beef Sirloin and the Roasted Long Island Duck were both cooked perfectly and the flavor stayed in my mouth long after the dishes were gone. I also had their cheese platter with 6 different selections and some figs, fruit and jam. Wow. The red wine complemented the cheese wonderfully. The desserts were also tremendous and different. My primary server had complete knowledge of the menu, how they were prepared and what ingredients were used. Each of the servers at my table were attentive, yet not over bearing. The fireplace was working and fresh wood was being added on a regular basis. My meal was in the Oak Dining Room so if you have a choice of rooms I would recommend this one. Another nice touch was the server took my parking valet ticket when his brought the bill and my car was waiting for me at the front door when I left. A nice final touch on a very memorable evening.