“Great location, pretty good food, disgruntled service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Seafood, Mediterranean, South American
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
NY
“Great location, pretty good food, disgruntled service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The atmosphere is rather dark and the chairs a little uncomfortable. The place could use some thought into making it more comfortable. The owner seems grumpy. My family has been loyaly eating here for over 15 years, but I have found the spirit to be a little sad. The staff could be more attentive. There is a lack of enthusiasm.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank tripsing

Dobbs Ferry, New York
“Nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We ate here a few times. Each time I was disappointed and have not gone back. The prices are high and the food was very ordinary.
The place is nice and the service is fine. Only the food doesn't justify the high prices.

3 Thank lara p
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have enjoyed eating here quiet a few times in the past. Yesterday's experience was not the same. Something seems to be happening within this establishment and it's sad to say that it's not in a positive way. Although my red sauce mariscada was very good, the collard green soup wasn't anything to rave about. As far as service, I have never known them to be the most friendly, but as long as the quality of the food and taste was great, it really wasn't a problem. Yesterday, there was an attitude coming from the owner, and to top it all off, the food prices had been raised and differed from the menu. That did not sit well with me. There was also a miscalculation of more than ten dollars which I brought to their attention, everything else I gave up. I just decided not to go back again. If they keep this up they will lose their customers!!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jmonteiro15
Seattle, Washington
“I should have read other reviews....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

There are a few Brazilian Portuguese restaurants in Tarrytown- so I thought I would try this one. The place is a bit on the funky side but I ventured in. While the food is not bad- in fact there were many enjoyable flavored- just too many in one dish. Perhaps this is the Brazilian part of the mix. Bread was not fresh, but the sea bass was excellent.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CherylNS
Westchester NY
“Stay away - terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I ate at caravella five years ago and recalled having a great meal.
So now that we are in the area we thought we would go back. What a mistake.
The quality of the service and the food has really decreased.
The service here is so poor that it's downright insulting. The server knew nothing about the menu, I asked several questions about the my dish and when it arrived it was not at all as described.
But worst of all was the attitude of our server and the owner who was helping our server. They were both so rude. The restaurant only had about 5 occupied tables, we just could not figure out why the staff and owner seemed so cranky.
It almost felt as if we were disrupting their day by dining there. It was such an uncomfortable experience.
I would not recommend Caravella to anyone!
My husband enjoyed the taste of his dish, but I swear that my mashed potatoes tasted sour and old.
What a strange experience. Stay away!

3 Thank ARuby11