“Fantastic!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 62 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 119
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tarrytown, NY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Pomona, New York
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went to Ruth's steakhouse this Monday for restaurant week. From past reviews that I have read, I was surprised at the service and food quality. I was greeted by a friendly host. Our waiter Joe and Santiago were very friendly and attentive. I most say all the staff took their job serious and had a smile on their faces. Each time a staff would see us they would say "good evening and how are you doing"? I had the filet mignon and my friend had the salmon both were delicious. I will definitely recommend Ruth's steakhouse, can't wait to go back again.

• Visited November 2013

Briarcliff Manor,N.Y.
“Steak lovers delight !”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Expensive but thoroughly satisfying aged, beef steaks is why people come here. Delicious as their steaks are, they are cooked to perfection here, as are their sides,which are expensive given the small portions. Overall, a tremendous place for a sumptuous meal.

• Visited September 2013
Scarsdale, New York
“Always An A Place”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've heard a lot from people and in other reviews that Ruth's Chris is not the place to go to spend between $60 and $100 per person for dinner.

I couldn't disagree more.

My wife and I come to this Ruth's Chris a few times per year and we have never,in the 6 or 7 years we have been going there have never had anything less that a top quality experience.

We were here last night (10/24/13) for dinner and everything was perfect. Two filet mignons, 1 filet and shrimp combination,and a rib-eye. All done exactly (and I mean exactly) as ordered. The medium rare beef came out warm and red, the mediums came out pink. PERFECT. The vegetables were perfect as well - a perfectly done baked potato; green beans with garlic cloves were fresh, crisp and hot, the mushroom were perfect as well. We had one order of the creamed spinach. I'm not a creamed spinach fan but this dish could make me a convert!!

I've really only had very few better steak dinners

Our server, Santiago, never let the wine glasses get down too far - he and his assistant Joe made sure that the bread tray was filled. The water glasses were never empty and when it came time for dessert. the coffee cups were always topped off without having to ask. Without hovering, our wait staff was attentive and always available.

I've never had a bad experience at this Ruth's Chris - NEVER.

• Visited October 2013
Middelfart, Denmark
“Great Steaks and service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Been a while since I visited Ruth's Chris Steak House, and could not quite remember what to expect. But I think what you get is very much a great food experience with great food, service and wines.
It will not knock you over as it is quite conservative and as expected, but at least today no flaws, everything delivers. All the side dishes were very good and the steak was excellent cooked, and the wines were great.

• Visited October 2013
Sleepy Hollow, New York
“Service was awful”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Regrettably a birthday celebration was ruined by the terrible service at Ruth's Chris Steak House. We can't speak to the food since we left before we received any. We will not be going back.

• Visited September 2013