“Left this hotel irritatable”

SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I only live an hour and half south of this hotel. I had to go travel 30 minutes further north from this hotel in the morning for a volleyball tournament. I decided to stay overnight so I can wake up at 6:30am instead of 5am at home. I checked in at 9:30pm on a Friday night with my daughter and all I wanted was a good night sleep in preparation for a long tournament day and then a 2 hour ride home. Unfortunately, that's not what I got. The heater was rattling whenever it was running and I was being woken up throughout the night. When being woken up at 4am, I got out of bed to look for the thermostat to turn the temperature down so it wouldn't come on again. At this point I was so frustrated with my stay and couldn't return to sleep. I called the front desk to complain. I wasn't pleased with how my complaint was handled and the dialog that I had with an employee that worked in the early AM. Apparently they know about the heater problem because when I said the heater was waking me up, his reply was something like, "Is it making a rattling sound?" I had more words with this gentleman in the morning that was pretty frustrating. I did get to speak to someone different at the front desk in the morning that was more friendly, I was told there was no manager on duty. Basically, I should have stayed home to get more sleep and be more rested than going to this hotel for the night and feeling aggravated and tired in the morning. As far as the free breakfast, the only nice thing I can say about it is that my daughter enjoyed her waffle that she made herself with their nice waffle iron. I don't understand the other feedback about it having a large selection. There wasn't many healthy options. Under ripe bananas were the only option for fruit. All I had was some scrambled eggs and a yogurt. The coffee was not that good either.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with a load rattling heater if you want to get a restful night's sleep. Th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
SHS_Tarrytown_GM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this valuable feedback regarding your stay. As I read your review, I too was sadly disappointed in the level of service you encountered overnight and apologize for the restless evening you spent unable to sleep due to noise. I must accept responsibility that we fell short of my expectation that every guest leaves our hotel satisfied.
I have communicated this expectation once again to my team. If you return to the Tarrytown area again, I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better lodging experience. If so, please contact me personally to arrange your accommodations.
Best Regards,
Mary Kay Manchin, General Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed here on vacation in December, the rooms are great and spacious. The room with 2 double beds, also has a sofabed, and a small area with microwave, sink and fridge. They offer breakfast. In the evening, they do have a bar, pricey. I would recommend going to Fridays for drinks. The location is close to the highways for an easy commute to NYC or traveling over the Tappan Zee bridge heading to upstate NY. My only concern with the Front Desk, they are not very friendly and do not seem empowered to make any decisions. I have stayed twice at this property and I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our SpringHill Suites by Marriott Hotel in Tarrytown, NY. I am pleased you found our rooms to be spacious and clean and were able to enjoy a great night's sleep in our comfy bed! As you found, we are located so conveniently for travel to NYC and to points north also.
I am so sorry you found a concern with the Front Desk staff and do not perceive them to be as friendly as they should be. We place great emphasis on hospitality with staff at the Front Desk since they are our guests' first point of contact within the hotel. All of our staff members are empowered to make any decision necessary in order to solve whatever guest issue may arise.
If you have the opportunity, I would be very happy to speak with you personally about a particular instance in which the Front Desk Staff could have been more helpful during your stay and use this particular information during our monthly training session.
Thank you so much for your feedback!!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great hotel! Clean, spacious rooms with a nice sofa and work space. The happy hour is a nice touch and they bring in appetizer type food from a local restaurant.

Super convenient right off the highway, and in a safe location.

Staff was courteous and helpful. Highly recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding our SpringHill Suites by Marriott Hotel in Tarrytown, NY. I'm glad you found our rooms to be spacious and appreciated the work desk and lap top table which helps our guests manage their workload on the go!
We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I am an extremely picky hotel guest and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised for this this type of place. We just stayed overnight, everything was clean, the staff was courteous and helpful. When we asked for extra blankets and towels they were sent immediately. The breakfast was robust and good quality. The highlight was the cold water in the lobby, fused with mint, orange, and lime. Awesome!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband I recently got married in Tarrytown, NY and had an overwhelimng amount of out of town family. Lili, the coordinator of group sales, helped us alot. Even with last minute changes and adding multiple rooms, she was just outstanding. The hotel is very clean and has an amazing shuttle service. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone having a wedding in Tarrytown or in the westchester area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Finding a hotel to accommodate a family of 6 can be difficult. We made our reservation and requested adjoining rooms. The hotel was able to grant our request, making our 4-day stay much easier. The location is quiet and there was little street noise to keep us awake at night.

The proximity to major thoroughfares made this the perfect place to stay. Staying in NYC can be very cost prohibitive. During our stay in Tarrytown we ventured into NYC and it took 30 minutes or less to drive from the hotel to 52nd street. A parking app helped us find a garage where we paid $18 for the day to park. Staying at Springhill in Tarrytown instead if a NYC hotel saved us quite a bit of money. We also ventured up to West Point and returned within the same afternoon.

The hotel also serves breakfast every morning, saving additional money. There is a bar in the lobby that has Happy Hour if you are so inclined. Fresh complimentary cookies are also available at the front desk.

A pleasant stay and we will returns to this property during future trips.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Erin619
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was large with a sitting area and kitchenette. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great with everything you could ever want for breakfast including waffles. There was no shuttle to anywhere. They do have a small indoor pool but I was disappointed because the hot tub was closed. We had a room on the ground floor right by the lobby but there was no noise. The bed was very comfortable. If you have a car, the location is great for sightseeing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank margins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarrytown
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#5 of 7 in Tarrytown
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Been to SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh? Share your experiences!