I only live an hour and half south of this hotel. I had to go travel 30 minutes further north from this hotel in the morning for a volleyball tournament. I decided to stay overnight so I can wake up at 6:30am instead of 5am at home. I checked in at 9:30pm on a Friday night with my daughter and all I wanted was a good night sleep in preparation for a long tournament day and then a 2 hour ride home. Unfortunately, that's not what I got. The heater was rattling whenever it was running and I was being woken up throughout the night. When being woken up at 4am, I got out of bed to look for the thermostat to turn the temperature down so it wouldn't come on again. At this point I was so frustrated with my stay and couldn't return to sleep. I called the front desk to complain. I wasn't pleased with how my complaint was handled and the dialog that I had with an employee that worked in the early AM. Apparently they know about the heater problem because when I said the heater was waking me up, his reply was something like, "Is it making a rattling sound?" I had more words with this gentleman in the morning that was pretty frustrating. I did get to speak to someone different at the front desk in the morning that was more friendly, I was told there was no manager on duty. Basically, I should have stayed home to get more sleep and be more rested than going to this hotel for the night and feeling aggravated and tired in the morning. As far as the free breakfast, the only nice thing I can say about it is that my daughter enjoyed her waffle that she made herself with their nice waffle iron. I don't understand the other feedback about it having a large selection. There wasn't many healthy options. Under ripe bananas were the only option for fruit. All I had was some scrambled eggs and a yogurt. The coffee was not that good either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated all suite hotel in Westchester County. Relax in one of our new fresh suites and enjoy a cocktail in our new Lobby Bar. We offer free high speed internet (WI-FI), Indoor heated pool, shuttle service within 5 mile radius and complimentary full hot breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Tarrytown Greenburgh Hotel Tarrytown
- SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh NY - Westchester County
- Tarrytown Springhill Suites